• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by asobu
hey now wait a goddam minute

hahah. you're the only person i've seen pull off oversized suits. and yours always look awesome. however, i think if you posted your fits over in MC, they would chastize you for not fitting into their "trending" aesthetic. which was just my point: MC "style" fluctuates just like all other types of clothing. there was a time when 1 button suits were considered totally unacceptable.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Fits great. The whole outfit is much better than what I see in WAYWT.
I...also think this looks good, as it is.

Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Yo dude you know those are 4 inch right? They put the wrong image....

4 inches are definitely wearable, just a big difference from what is shown in your pic.

haha I'm pretty sure the mxmj trunks I just bought from that stupid sale were listed as only having a 1" inseam.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by asobu
hey now wait a goddam minute

also you need to stop dicking around with those haters on sz and come back to where you are loved

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
I bought this but it has not arrived yet.

I like the contrast collar and ribbon detail at the cuff, but I am now wondering if someone will expect for me to hold the door open for them at the condo lobby. So please provide general reactions and warn me if I will look like a doorman.

VK8pC.jpg

Err, the picture sucks this jacket is quite elegant (I purchased the grey version) and certainly not doorman-like; the material is quite textures and the detailing is rather precious (see cuffs).

eightdouble

Reaction score
fred perry lambswool crewneck. crewnecks are vastly underrepresented in my sweater drawer. i'm excited about this one because it kind of has an athletic sweatshirt vibe to it, but it's really solid (scottish made and 100% lambswool)

fp-1.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
Lanvin has been doing raw edges on luxe fabrics for ages. right now you go in jcrew and all the womens stuff is sequined silks or poly's with raw edges. Miranda in The Devil Wears Prada explained this phenomenon well once.

DKNY did a lot of raw edges (laser cut) in 1999-2000. The best menswear pieces were wool and also coated cotton outerwear I actually have a few of those pieces in storage somewhere. There was a pretty cool cropped biker jacket I used to wear all of the time. Just sayin'.

Also, while one of my biggest non-buyer's remorse were the Junya/Lewis Leather collaboration pieces, I did not miss the earlier (first or second season) incarnation of Junya camo.

Are we going to play fashion brinksmanship now?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
never actually skied armadas; probably going to go a totally different route this winter and get some old-man-style skis for crud. pretty much research time, actually. ****, gotta get on that
No research necessary, I'll save you some time.

www.on3pskis.com.

They are, with one possible exception that costs over twice as much, the best made skis in the world. The finished product is fantastic. Email the owner and tell him the kind of thing you are looking for and he will build a pair that will do what you need them to. It's kind of a Quoddy-situation where demand exceeds production capacity (last year was ridiculous I'm told in terms of orders) and they get super backed up so best to get on it soon. Errybody on that on3p tip.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
really appreciate the comments. The jacket is extremely fine in person and exceeded my expectations. It would not be mistaken for MC. It has frayed almost unfinished edges, the upper collar has two layers of black felted wool that fold over each other, and there is satin at the cuff. None of this is visible in the pic, so I will do a better pic this weekend with better camera angle.

After looking at the photo for a while, I am inclined to style it as you see there (w/ jeans) as well as more formal pants. I like it. I may leave some people scratching their heads but that's okay. Ms. DLester hasn't seen it yet, so we will see how that goes.

The jeans btw are the gray waxed diors that just arrived. Better pics of those are forthcoming. Really like these. The wax has a wide range of light to dark gray tones, with a bit of luster but not over the top.

dlester it looks good; just wear with very different clothes.

Originally Posted by jet
DL, don't like it brosef.

Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Fits great. The whole outfit is much better than what I see in WAYWT.

Originally Posted by Synthese
I...also think this looks good, as it is.

Originally Posted by UpperWestie
I think that length is good if you do cropped slim pants. I don't dig the uber short jacket long jeans look.

Originally Posted by Fuuma
Err, the picture sucks this jacket is quite elegant (I purchased the grey version) and certainly not doorman-like; the material is quite textures and the detailing is rather precious (see cuffs).

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really want to try out the waxed Dior denim, damn nice waxing.

Good work DLester

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Naked and Famous Weird Guy jeans in cotton/wool blend 20% off from barneys co-op.

^you finally did it! congratulations

Haha yeah. Only took me six months or so. By the way I bought my third Filson zippered tote yesterday too.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
DKNY did a lot of raw edges (laser cut) in 1999-2000. The best menswear pieces were wool and also coated cotton outerwear I actually have a few of those pieces in storage somewhere. There was a pretty cool cropped biker jacket I used to wear all of the time. Just sayin'.

Also, while one of my biggest non-buyer's remorse were the Junya/Lewis Leather collaboration pieces, I did not miss the earlier (first or second season) incarnation of Junya camo.

Junya X Lewis Leathers was good, Junya X Vanson is solid but is losing value, as they re-release it every year now, at decreasing prices. It was 190,000Y last year, now 160,000Y this season. Granted, the yen is out of control, but still....

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy

i don't understand what you are trying to say here.

beowolf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Yo dude you know those are 4 inch right? They put the wrong image....

4 inches are definitely wearable, just a big difference from what is shown in your pic.

Yea, I know. I bought 2 pairs when they had the first sale and one was clearly 6 and the other 4. Its fine though. I still like it.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
No research necessary, I'll save you some time. www.on3pskis.com. They are, with one possible exception that costs over twice as much, the best made skis in the world. The finished product is fantastic. Email the owner and tell him the kind of thing you are looking for and he will build a pair that will do what you need them to. It's kind of a Quoddy-situation where demand exceeds production capacity (last year was ridiculous I'm told in terms of orders) and they get super backed up so best to get on it soon. Errybody on that on3p tip.
psh, they ain't no Paul Smiths
Originally Posted by DLester
really appreciate the comments. The jacket is extremely fine in person and exceeded my expectations. It would not be mistaken for MC. It has frayed almost unfinished edges, the upper collar has two layers of black felted wool that fold over each other, and there is satin at the cuff. None of this is visible in the pic, so I will do a better pic this weekend with better camera angle. After looking at the photo for a while, I am inclined to style it as you see there (w/ jeans) as well as more formal pants. I like it. I may leave some people scratching their heads but that's okay. Ms. DLester hasn't seen it yet, so we will see how that goes. The jeans btw are the gray waxed diors that just arrived. Better pics of those are forthcoming. Really like these. The wax has a wide range of light to dark gray tones, with a bit of luster but not over the top.
Those jeans are pretty damn badass

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads