• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Engineered Garments Bedford in Royal Blue 7.5oz Cotton Twill
engineered-garments--Bedford-Jacket.jpeg

Inis Meain Nehru Collar Linen Cardigans in Seal and Hawthorne
1002648_mrp_ou_xl.jpg

1002646_mrp_in_xl.jpg

Naked and Famous
181527M192012_1.jpg

Niche
20180501048.jpg
20180501055.jpg

De Bonne Facture One Pleat Linen shorts
30417-1-2_1528330152.jpg

Asahi Belted Canvas Lows
M032w.jpg

Birkenstock
16-06-2017_birkenstock_arizona_black_051791_ja_1.jpg
Great pick ups. I love that electric blue Bedford. I wear it quite frequently :)

30000shoes

Reaction score
Picked up some stuff during a weekend trip to Las Vegas and am so in love with all of it.

1. PS by Paul Smith shirt.
2. Alexander Mqueen Skeleton Print Billfold Wallet (splurge of the month)
3. PS by Paul Smith Octopus shirt.

What says summer better than tentacles and bones?

20180618_220832.jpg
20180619_202536.jpg
20180618_220832.jpg 20180619_202536.jpg

Screenshot_20180619-215348.png

Sym

Reaction score
Just picked this up from Yoox for $300 and it came with the security tag... Not sure if I should try removing it or what. I really don't want to send it back.

41759102co_14_f.jpg
IMG_5739.JPG
IMG_5736.JPG

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol

Jobst

Reaction score
Strong magnet will get that off. Any old hard drives sitting around?

Sym

Reaction score
Strong magnet will get that off. Any old hard drives sitting around?

Would that actually work? I have a few old hard drives. I emailed them and they "invite[d]" me to take it to a retail store with the invoice and ask for someone to remove it...

Jobst

Reaction score
Would that actually work? I have a few old hard drives. I emailed them and they "invite[d]" me to take it to a retail store with the invoice and ask for someone to remove it...

Yeah, there's usually a little clip inside that retains a pin, putting one side of it on a strong magnet should let you pull the pin out. You'll prob have to pull the magnet out of the drive to get it close enough though.

Sym

Reaction score
Yeah, there's usually a little clip inside that retains a pin, putting one side of it on a strong magnet should let you pull the pin out. You'll prob have to pull the magnet out of the drive to get it close enough though.

Got the magnet out of the hard drive but still doesn't seem strong enough to interfere with the locking mechanism.

Jobst

Reaction score
Got the magnet out of the hard drive but still doesn't seem strong enough to interfere with the locking mechanism.

Try firmly pushing the back side of the clip into it, you have to use a bit of force sometimes. Also tried both sides of magnet? There's a bunch of YouTube videos on how to do this, check those out

Sym

Reaction score
Try firmly pushing the back side of the clip into it, you have to use a bit of force sometimes. Also tried both sides of magnet? There's a bunch of YouTube videos on how to do this, check those out

Tried both sides of the tag and both sides of the magnet. I watched a ton of Youtube videos but most are of the rectangle tag. I can hear clicking when the magnet hits the surface and when I move the magnet around but it still doesn't budge at all. I have a bruise under my nail from trying to pull it off as there is barely any space haha.

At this point if I wasn't in Canada I would have probably returned it by now, but since I ordered it to my address in the US they won't accept the return from here. I'm probably going to try using a small burr to drill the centre next.

Also, the MMM tag would compliment the ostrich feathered MMM bic pen well...

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried both sides of the tag and both sides of the magnet. I watched a ton of Youtube videos but most are of the rectangle tag. I can hear clicking when the magnet hits the surface and when I move the magnet around but it still doesn't budge at all. I have a bruise under my nail from trying to pull it off as there is barely any space haha.

At this point if I wasn't in Canada I would have probably returned it by now, but since I ordered it to my address in the US they won't accept the return from here. I'm probably going to try using a small burr to drill the centre next.

Also, the MMM tag would compliment the ostrich feathered MMM bic pen well...

From my experience of working in retail for many years, they get stuck sometimes and can be complete pain ********** to get off (15 minutes of working on it, with the proper magnet) but the always come off in the end. It sounds counterintuitive but you actually need to push into the tag and then pull away sharply. You'll also need to place it on a hard surface, so you can apply a decent amount of force as well. Good luck

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics