• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, Burberry branding is a mess.

I thought they merged Burberry Prorsum, Burberry London and Burberry Brit in order to increase the brand cohesion, but those were three distinct lines at three distinct levels (with the lower two of little interest from a SF POV) and it was all very straightforward.

Now, post-consolidation, they're still displaying at least four different renderings of the brand in a single purchase:

BURBERRY London England
Burberrys of London
BURBERRY
Burberrys Sport
... and the knight with the Prorsum flag just for extra confusion

Prorsum made tons of cool shearling and neoprene runway jackets for multiple consecutive seasons back around 2010-11, so it's sad to see what's happened since.

wizzeak

Reaction score
Bought this Our Legacy paisley shirt. And ideas on what to wear with it?

our_legacy_2_27aff570-a9e5-4f6f-8f94-ea5ea59589af_grande.jpeg
our-legacy-flame-hybrid-flame-paisley-blazer-product-5-4910959-399348110.jpeg

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Borrowing @diniro s picture (mine is a fat size 7). I recommend someone getting his sz 3
Screenshot_20180223-004604.png

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7156Lqtt0xL._SL1200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DKUXJ8Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm holding mitts for my daughters, who are probably going to turn out to be better kickboxers than me. The older one (10) throws her hands super fast (though she still flairs her elbows,) and has that whippet movement. The younger one (8) has a round house kick like a baseball bat.

And for a few pro MMA fighters. One is a huge LHW-HW who is mostly a BJJ guy, but who has unearthly strength (his nickname is "Wolverine") and even though his striking is rudimentary, he hits like a brickhouse. I need these mitts, which have good shock absorption, to just not get jacked up.

Oh, and for my six-year old son, who is a wild man with no regard for technique who throws with wild abandon. He will either learn disciplined techniques or become an MMA fighter, lol.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flairing your elbows when in the beginning of the punch isn't always bad. You hit harder that way. I was always throwing straight punches then my trainer worked with me to mix those in more when I was training for a pro fight years ago.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flairing your elbows when in the beginning of the punch isn't always bad. You hit harder that way. I was always throwing straight punches then my trainer worked with me to mix those in more when I was training for a pro fight years ago.
I agree. But that's something to throw in there, like you said. And for some, if becomes a great weapon in those mad, kinetic, combos. But she's ten. She's gotta get the good habits ingrained before developing flair.

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up this incredibly cool ts(s) coat from Superdenim. Lived up to expectations!

But - it's too big. Size 3, needed a size down. If anyone is interested in it for what I paid (Superdenim had it for 70% off), let me know. Would work best for a true medium/someone between a medium and a large. Probably just UK or EU shipping, due to the size.

superdenimts_s_0114171023.jpg

superdenimts_s_0120171023.jpg

014.jpg

013.jpg

Last edited:

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really nice coat. Not my size either, but the fit of the coat should be a bit oversized. Would you say the fit is a bit oversized or just too big?

Edit: looked closely at the spoilered pics and I think the next size up would look better on the fit model.

Last edited:

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too big, sadly, oversized had been my intention for it but it's more sack-like than louche! Tbf though, I would have been happy with a fit similar to that of the model, so my tastes probably run a bit more form-fitting.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice fabric. If it weren't raglan, I'd be asking about shipping costs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads