• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welp, Barney's sent me this trash instead of the Hender Scheme timbs and essentially gave me a "you're **** out of luck, since we just sold out of your size; just return them" customer service reply. The service is honestly pretty garbage, but I suppose that's what I get for choosing them over a smaller store.
i have spent the last day wondering what i would do if i expected hs timbs and got these instead

returning them would be like the universe telling me to go bigger go harder and me replying 'no... i cant do it'

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yooo @Spehsmonkey I'm guessing those are a size 4, right?

I got the same box. I returned em (obviously) and wrote that they sent me the wrong damn shoes two different places on the form. Apparently they didn't bother to fix it.

And if it's not the same box, then they make the same mistake twice...

P.S. Those things do look better in person than in photos, but that's only because they look terrible in photos and merely bad in person.

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope, these were a size 6. So they're clearly fuckin up in multiple ways.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sz-05264-1.jpg

picked up a LUC farmer jacket for the winter

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Synthese You get the Salomons primarily for look or for function? I know the brand's got a lot of history and they look hardy but I've never held em in person.

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@Synthese You get the Salomons primarily for look or for function? I know the brand's got a lot of history and they look hardy but I've never held em in person.

Primarily for function. I need new trail shoes, and can't seem to find a 1:1 replacement for the ones I have. I've tried these on treadmills/etc, and they were on sale at backcountry. Not sure how much I'll end up wearing them regularly outside that, as I'll probably get them pretty filthy. I like the way they look, though.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Primarily for function. I need new trail shoes, and can't seem to find a 1:1 replacement for the ones I have. I've tried these on treadmills/etc, and they were on sale at backcountry. Not sure how much I'll end up wearing them regularly outside that, as I'll probably get them pretty filthy. I like the way they look, though.
I'd be interested to hear how you like them for trails.

I've finally put a few miles on the Adidas UB uncaged, btw. I feel a tiny bit let down the boost sole; I thought I'd get more spring out of it based on the reviews I read, but it feels more cushy and less responsive than the sole on the Nike air zoom elite 9. It feels like there's more toe room and better toe splay, although it could just be that I need to size up on my Nikes. I'd say lateral stability is a little lower but not to the extent that I'd have any concerns about normal running on pavement (which is most of what I do anyway). I don't know that they'd be great for anything that involves a ton of lateral movement (like, most non-running athletic activities, for example). They held up fine in moderate rain, btw.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can't believe I've never owned baggies before. Anyway, I'm a true believer after 1 weekend with them.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
normcore dad life?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads