• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nom De Guerre Waxed International Jacket w/ Wool Lining

LET THE SYNTHESIS OF OLD REEDO AND NEW REEDO COMMENCE

That is very nice.

Isachenko

Reaction score
Dunno about that asymmetrical pocket, bit gimmicky. Assume this gothy sheek was around $860?
tongue.gif

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dunno about that asymmetrical pocket, bit gimmicky.

It's a natural result of hanging up a jacket too long. The pockets start to drift. That's why I fold all my jackets after three years of storage.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can we stop ******* quoting these people?

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ lol

MSRP of NdG is not exactly relevant any more

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ lol

MSRP of NdG is not exactly relevant any more

Too true, market prices for NDG pieces are all over the places these days, but man, their goods seem awfully low for retail compared to similar japanese goods in 2013

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, has anyone handled/worn/owned this piece before? I couldn't find stock pics or even what season it was from, though I'm guessing F/W '08. Hoping its as warm as the wool lining promises...

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pretty similar piece with hook (Yes i know, but these are more like clasps a la cabourn cameraman) closures that's waxed cotton exterior with 90% wool/10% nylon lining... first expensive piece I ever bought (Off of ghostface). It's not as warm as you'd expect since the lining is rather thin, but it's decent. Not sure how cold portland gets, but it's definitely a piece I grab when it's cold outside in Cali fall/winter.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a pretty similar piece with hook (Yes i know, but these are more like clasps a la cabourn cameraman) closures that's waxed cotton exterior with 90% wool/10% nylon lining... first expensive piece I ever bought (Off of ghostface). It's not as warm as you'd expect since the lining is rather thin, but it's decent. Not sure how cold portland gets, but it's definitely a piece I grab when it's cold outside in Cali fall/winter.

Yea I should be fine if I layer a bit underneath, cool! Do you have that crazy fireman jacket w/ all the clasps?

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah the thing that nicelynice linked. I wore it as my warmth piece to my interview today over my linen frank leder button down. Haha I originally bought it because ghostface's picures made it look this amazing grey, but turns out it was black.

ghostface

Reaction score

Yeah the thing that nicelynice linked. I wore it as my warmth piece to my interview today over my linen frank leder button down. Haha I originally bought it because ghostface's picures made it look this amazing grey, but turns out it was black.

oops. that's back when i owned a camera that washed out any color that was shot from 2+ ft. away. i hope you didn't regret buying it. :embar:

i think that's the best piece ndg ever produced. i still wear mine all the time. i've found that the weight makes it's super versatile-- you can wear it unclasped in 55 degree weather or done up with the neck flap and a chunky knit layered under it in 20 degree weather.

shah-- those are both really excellent fits. i'm glad to see you pairing some cdg with your yohji stuff.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads