1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

Why did you not tell me this sooner, brother

2. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

3. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

this is but one lost opportunity...... now you know you gotta let me in on the down low >_>

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  4. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

a Fox umbrella, like a tweed wearing menswear dork...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  5. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

This knit retailed for 1K+ and ever since I saw it I slept on it until now where it dropped into an "alright I'll try it out price". The thing is like wearing a bullet proof vest....heavy as fuck and yet very comfortable, the details are very nice (possible moves up to my 3rd or 4th favorite knit ever)

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  6. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior member

I would read that feature

4 people like this.
  7. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

MMM knits are pretty underrated TBH. I really regret not keeping that red chunky cable knit cardigan :angry:

Have you handled the boucle looking pullovers?

1 person likes this.
  8. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Nothing is better in my opinion but I am biased haha. The boucle knit and shorts are very dope, sold out almost immediately all over the place. I thought they were very nice, but they are way too long in the back for my taste though

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  9. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

I tried this at the San Fran boutique (?), along with a very cozy velvet knit. The velvet thing was great. I'd still like a camel crew with elbow patches but I guess I can't imagine paying Margiela prices for that stuff.

10. jet

jet Senior member

Margiela had some great fucking knits, still mad I didn't cop that big shawl collar one to go with all my other shawls :mad:

Reg, the slouch level is perfect.

2 people like this.
  11. Callusing

Callusing Senior member

Brown version's on Spence. Over the last couple seasons, there have been tons of Margiela knit steals on Yoox / Spence / Dope-factory. MSRPs are definitely ridiculous, but I've seen ~50% of the knits from each season end up really cheap at one of those spots. Even Gilt gets good Margiela stuff these days.

I just got this Margiela suit:
    [​IMG]

I thought I was only gonna kinda-like-it. I love it. Perfect casual suit, fits spot-on right off the rack. I've got a couple more Margiela suits I got off Yoox I may or may not return.

Goes perfectly with my new Rider derbies, which are 80% as good as Raf's derbies for 80% less money:
    [​IMG]

I also got some Rone Ninety-Threes. I think they'll be great beaters. I wouldn't have paid $500 for them, but I didn't, and they're awesome for what I paid. Rone gets compared to Feit a lot, and I like these way better than any of the Feits I've handled / briefly owned.
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  12. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

liking those rider derbies, lmk how they fit for you...

13. Callusing

Callusing Senior member

The sizing advice on Rider's site for the France last is correct for me...half size down. I'm a "true" 8.5 / EU 41 (8.5D Brannock) and my size 8 pair fits well. Most sizes are still left in black pebble grain, and looking at some pics on the Rider thread and Instagram, black smooth leather might be online soon, too. (Plus brown smooth, pebble and suede if that's your jam) They were sitting at $255 for a while and Rider just chopped $100 off em...at $255 they were a bargain and at $155 they're insane. On-feet pics from Reddit seen here.

2 people like this.
  14. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

thanks a lot man! :cheers:

15. bigOmyD

bigOmyD Active Member

Bit of an impulse buy due to NDG's Black Friday Presale.

Got their Essentiel Cargo Pants. Either they're going to suit me really well or I'm going to look like a clown.

Pictures:

IRL, not me (maybe just a horrible angle):

[​IMG]

HBX Model (maybe they're using clothespins):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  16. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Looks terrible from that front angle, but decent from the back.

Probably one of those pieces that you need to own for 6 months before you really understand how to wear.

17. bigOmyD

bigOmyD Active Member

It looks kind of off from the back too. Perhaps he's just wearing them far too low for the silhouette to appear how it was intended to appear as.

Tried to look for other reference shots of people wearing the same pants but unfortunately none of them were from proper angles aside from HBX (still believe they clothespin their clothes before fit pics).

18. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

Wallace & Barnes Jcrew Wool Jackets. Got them both new for a steal price. :)

Navy:
    [​IMG]
    Black:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. colabear

colabear Senior member

[​IMG]

I saw this vintage 19th century ring at Independence here in Chicago and fell in love with it.
    Thanks to Timothy for assisting me...really sweet guy

20. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Awful styling is awful. WTF is this look? Techbro who loves sensible chinos reads GQ, decides to dandy-up (for the ladies) and goes shopping at Isetan?

13 people like this.