1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. arnoldpettibone

arnoldpettibone Senior member

unfortunately the year MBV headlined was the last year at LA State Historic Park, which was an awesome venue for a festival (minus the dust). It moved to a new location 2 years ago, Exposition Park, and it was a complete shitshow from a logistical standpoint (3+ hour lines to get inside, long lines inside, no access to stages, etc). Last year it improved significantly, but I also believe the attendance was down (because of all the problems the year before) so not sure how much that played into it. anyways, the lineup is first rate, and if the logistics go smoothly again it should be a good one.

2. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

Thanks, also a recent purchase, they are Vans x Unused tyvek covered authentics. They were made exclusively for Beams last summer (but I got them BNIB from a rakuten seller). I've seen some pics of worn in pairs where the tyvek has developed holes and tears and they look awesomely disgusting. Bit like paper GATS I guess.

[​IMG]

13 people like this.
  3. MntKing

MntKing Member

Oh shit, I need to go shopping.

4. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Fuccboi

[​IMG]

Was also considering the BBS bambas but couldnt find a pair i both liked and could afford. Thought about ramones but didnt like the shape and then the tongues on the geos were too much for me. These look like a great middle ground and ive heard good things about Masnada esp from @Jbravo

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    3 people like this.
  5. malcb33

malcb33 Senior member

Very nice @Lorcan7. Great pick up.

I've been looking for the regular white canvas Vans authentic in women's version with the thinner sole (like these) in my size and it's been surprisingly challenging.

6. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

fwiw, those vans have a regular sole. what you are looking for is maybe authentic lo pro?

http://www.vans.com/shop/canvas-authentic-lo-pro-true-white-black

Also, they have other brands that do white lows with a thinner sole, keds, etc

7. malcb33

malcb33 Senior member

Sorry yes you are right @Fycus. Those are you ones I'm after in the link you posted. Only go up to a men's 9.5 though....

Something like Ked's would be even better but they are way to narrow. A Low profile white canvas sneaker is exactly what I'm looking for, but this quest is much harder than expected.

8. eazye

eazye Senior member

@Lorcan7, that coat is stunning! :drool:

9. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Fixed it for you

(please don't buy sneakers with soles that thin, the proportions looks ridiculous)

10. malcb33

malcb33 Senior member

I could say the same about Eytys's

And Mr Lemaire would disagree with you.....

Each to there own, right?

1 person likes this.
  11. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Hah was actually originally going to include in my comment that if you was wearing all Lemaire it could maaaaybe work [​IMG]

None the less, I don't think that particular upper works with a thin sole (I don't even think it works with the normal sole) and if I saw someone wearing them I'd assume they were some 10$ knockoffs (of which I've seen plenty, in exactly that design)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  12. sipang

sipang Senior member

@gettoasty@gettoasty@gettoasty

update plz

1 person likes this.
  13. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

These have to be the coolest sneakers I've ever seen. Where did you get them?

14. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Urban oxygen is the store

15. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Vacation Wears

Mykita x Maison Martin Margiela

[​IMG]

Orlebar Brown

Linen Bulldog
    [​IMG]

Miami Polo
    [​IMG]

Linen Morton
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  16. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

JBravo told me about Masnada a few years ago and that brand has been getting stronger. would love to see more pics.

OXS rubber sole maybe something interesting as well.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  17. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Damnit @RegisDB9, you reminded me that I forgot to use my Orlebar coupon code. :fu:

18. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

yeah oxs has some cool sneakers, i kind of want their burgandy rubber dipped sneakers but idk how cool they would be with me actually wearing them haha

19. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

yea dude i have a lot of those things where i look at something and think its awesome. then i try it on and NOPE not for me.

1 person likes this.
  20. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Haha 20% off :cool:

I also forgot, but I emailed them and they extended it for 3 days for me. I have to say that OB has one of the best customer service departments in the business. They have even replaced a ripped polo and had it delivered from the UK for me. Now they have a 5 year guarantee on the Bulldog as well. I was thinking a while back on trying Dan Ward but OB has my Margiela like loyalty now