1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I buy them comfy and a bit loose at the waist from day 1.

2. Spehsmonkey

Spehsmonkey Senior member

Doing this from now on. Just bought a pair of those high taper Japan Blues for stacking. Wanted to move away from slimmer denim but chicken legs = ugly and sloppy stacks with anything less tapered

3. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

i honestly have no idea how i used to wear size 28 dh 19cms

1 person likes this.
  4. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

Thanks doods. Sounds like Petit Standards will cause the least amount of pain vs. more denim-head stuff like Rogue Territory, 3sixteen, Japan Blue, etc...? I'm tempted to go back to my old faithful MIJ 19cm raws, but want to try something new.

5. LA Guy

I understand where you are coming from, but look at some of the Japanese blogs/store shots. Most of those are skinny dudes, and make the look work, like this guy:
    [​IMG]
    You might not want to look straight up workwear (he is essentially a very well dressed gas station attendant), but that type of styling can at least give you an idea that there are many silhouettes that can look good on on a person.

Incidentally, skinny jeans on an athletic silhouette can look terrible. There is a picture of Cristiano Ronaldo floating around that shows this. Fitted jacket + skinny jeans + slim shoes, and he looks like he has gigantic hips.. And it's hard to think of a physique more suited to wearing pretty much anything and looking good, all "footballer's taste" issues aside.

6. LA Guy

Those are fine as well. The APC denim is lighter weight, at about 12 ounces, but there are plenty of jeans from those other companies in the 12-14 ounce weight as well. It really is about the fit. Get something a bit higher rise, with some more space (but not too much) and you'll be fine. I personally feel that the New Standard is a more comfortable fit than the petit Standards, which are lower rise and have far less room in the thighs. I may be bigger than you, too, but @conceptual 4est is not a big dude, and he wears the new Standards as well, afaik.

7. Spehsmonkey

Spehsmonkey Senior member

@LA Guy Yea, I think my other denim purchase will be a baggier pair from Sugar Cane(they're comparatively cheap, too). Not sure I'll stack with those, though.

It's that middle ground in fit in jeans that I think looks off on my body type (definitely not Ronaldo athletic but not model skinny)

8. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

Thanks Fok.
    IIRC DH 19cm is based on APC's NS? Might get them one size down/snug in the waist (not full-SUFU way) to absorb some of the roominess. Just want them slim with not too large a leg opening, as I prefer that 19cm look.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  9. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

From a purely fashion evolution and future styling I'd def purchase larger jeans going forward. I've already acquired some flares but no one needs to be this extreme.

10. DLester

DLester Senior member

These are great. I bought their skinny fit raw sized up 2 and am very happy. The leg is still tapered but with the size up you get the easy fit top block and thigh.

I also got their slim fit dark washed with the larger hem opening, which I liked a lot more than I thought I would. Sized up one on that. I cant have uncomfortable pants anymore.

I just got some large Raf pleated wool pants with a very subtle camo, hard to see the camo in this dark pic but you can get an idea of the fit. This is the first pair of pleated pants i have bought since...I can't remember when. Sized up one on these.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  11. DLester

DLester Senior member

where did you get the flares?

1 person likes this.
  12. juven

juven Senior member

Down with pants. Just kidding here is a bunch of pants I just got from L to R AMI, OAMC, Our Legacy x3 and Balenciaga holdall in back[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

14. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Larose Casentino five-panel

I've seen this dude on Instagram before, do any of you New Yorkers know him? He looks like a nice boy

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  15. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

@Tirailleur1 has a collaboration with him.

16. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

He took us to a lesbian billiards bar in Paris after we got turned away from the Capsule party by a guy whose name I assume was something like "Thorvold," but I guess that's a story for another time. Yes, he is very nice.

16 people like this.
  17. LA Guy

We weren't so much turned away as Jasper got us turned away.

But yes, nice guy, and the lesbian bar was the most well lit bar I've ever been to. It was like drinking beer in a cafeteria.

18. LA Guy

You'll look like a French Mick Jagger, circa 1975, which is excellent.

19. NycLondon

NycLondon Well-Known Member

for me one of the coolest shoes of the season, super pricey so i decided not to buy.
    They were on sale, but not in my size.
    Congrats on the purchase!

20. knucks

knucks Senior member

I just put an order in for a pair of Simon James Cathcart HUMP boots. (engineers)

Excited to get these, though it'll take a few weeks.
    Simon's been doing big things.

[​IMG]

http://www.simonjamescathcart.com/footwear