• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nowiremember

Reaction score

to finish out summer....

How does this fit?

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice dmash hope that drips works out. those layer zeros are beyond good. good is just sort of standing around wondering what happened.

Richmondfrank

Reaction score
Purchases from the last few month or so (sorry for the poor photos):

Siki Im

Had my eye on this for a while but the model fit pics put me off, however it was cheap enough to try and thankfully I did. So soft and warm, unfortunately there's not much winter left over here. So many little touches that I love too, from the various pockets to the awesome button snaps (never thought I would be so enthused over button snaps, but they really are terrific!).

Ervell

Really liked the granite print when I first saw it, but had issues with the fit after hearing different reports about sizing this season. After a couple of exchanges, finally managed to track down both in the right sizes.

Schneider

Thanks to Joseph from SP. Even more impressive in person than in photos. To be honest, the thing I most appreciate about it is the ribbing on the sleeves and at the bottom of the jumper. I have the lana crewneck from a couple of years ago and I love it, but I never wear it because it sits weirdly and just hangs without the ribbing. I look forward to more purchases from SP this season.

UC

I have wanted a knit sleeve rider for a long time and have spent countless hours on yahoo auctions, but have never been willing to go the final step and deal with a proxy. After the disappointment upon seeing one go for a ridiculously cheap price on rakuten a few months ago, I thought it was time to make the move. To be honest, the sizing and fit is a little odd; I have a couple of UC jackets, but they are bombers; even so, I thought I would go with the same size. The jacket is a touch too slim in the body (I can barely zip it up and there is no way I could size down), however it is a little long in the body for a rider (I am pretty short though at 5'8"). Also, the black/black version is the one I really want, however I do also love this version. Not sure if I will sell in the future, I am happy just looking at it right now!

mcfly26

Reaction score
how much the knit sleeve rider sells from in japan?
Purchases from the last few month or so (sorry for the poor photos):

Siki Im

Had my eye on this for a while but the model fit pics put me off, however it was cheap enough to try and thankfully I did. So soft and warm, unfortunately there's not much winter left over here. So many little touches that I love too, from the various pockets to the awesome button snaps (never thought I would be so enthused over button snaps, but they really are terrific!).

Ervell

Really liked the granite print when I first saw it, but had issues with the fit after hearing different reports about sizing this season. After a couple of exchanges, finally managed to track down both in the right sizes.

Schneider

Thanks to Joseph from SP. Even more impressive in person than in photos. To be honest, the thing I most appreciate about it is the ribbing on the sleeves and at the bottom of the jumper. I have the lana crewneck from a couple of years ago and I love it, but I never wear it because it sits weirdly and just hangs without the ribbing. I look forward to more purchases from SP this season.

UC

I have wanted a knit sleeve rider for a long time and have spent countless hours on yahoo auctions, but have never been willing to go the final step and deal with a proxy. After the disappointment upon seeing one go for a ridiculously cheap price on rakuten a few months ago, I thought it was time to make the move. To be honest, the sizing and fit is a little odd; I have a couple of UC jackets, but they are bombers; even so, I thought I would go with the same size. The jacket is a touch too slim in the body (I can barely zip it up and there is no way I could size down), however it is a little long in the body for a rider (I am pretty short though at 5'8"). Also, the black/black version is the one I really want, however I do also love this version. Not sure if I will sell in the future, I am happy just looking at it right now!

Richmondfrank

Reaction score

post in waywt
nod%5B1%5D.gif
Love to but (a) I am pretty shy/self-conscious (b) My outfits are pretty bland: black jeans/ pants, black or white CPs/Stan Smiths/boots, t-shirt (occasionally a shirt which is either SS or Jil) and a nice jacket or jumper. Unless you really like a short guy wearing monochrome and b & w, you definitely aren't missing much!

Last edited:

herp

Reaction score
I need dat schneider knit. any place stocks it already?

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love to but

(a) I am pretty shy/self-conscious

(b) My outfits are pretty bland: black jeans/ pants, black or white CPs/Stan Smiths/boots, t-shirt (occasionally a shirt which is either SS or Jil) and a nice jacket or jumper.

Unless you really like a short guy wearing monochrome and b & w, you definitely aren't missing much!
Regarding (b), a lot of people here post "simple" but well-executed stuff, so you really don't have to worry too much
wink.gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads