1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Classified_

Classified_ Well-Known Member

That's ok, I don't feel bad about it because I know myself, if I don't like something at first sight I will not like it in the future. No harm done, resold it and didn't lose any money on it.

2 people like this.
  2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

No, that is not skin tight, but that jacket, and I have an earlier (2010 or 2011) version of it, and it is built as a hooded bomber style jacket. The other jacket is built like a short duffle, which generally has some tenting in the back, by design. If you don't like it, you don't like it, and that's fine, but just because you don't like the fit doesn't mean that it doen't fit, and well. If you love SLP jeans, for example, you re probably not going to like a pair of roomy straight leg jeans from, say, Kapital, but that doesn't mean that they don't fit well, just not to your personal preference. And some goes the other way. If you like a slouchy sportsman look like, say, what North Face Purple Label does, you are probably not going to want a pair of super tight near jeggings from SLP, but that doesn't mean that SLP jeans "don't fit right" just because it makes you look like you were playing bass in Spinal Tap.

3. Classified_

In my original post I said that "It didn't work out for me", and I also said that I think it fits perfectly on the chest and shoulders but didn't like the waist. I also said:

So point made, I stand corrected, the jacket fits well, but it's not to my liking. And honestly I think we've covered this subject enough for the day.

2 people like this.
  4. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

I think trying out Geller in the first place might've been ill-advised. You should wear SLP only and see how it pans out, I'm guessing you'd like it a lot.

5. LA Guy

So, as someone who grew up in a place that is truly cold in the winter (average winter temps about -10C, which is not as cold as a ton of places in Canada, but def not warm either), and where the wind kicks up from the frozen lake, I can tell you that this is simply not true. Up to about -10 C, you are gonna be okay. When the mercury dips down past that, -20C and under, your favorite color becomes "warm", and you realize why a jacket that is not long is nicknamed a "bum freezer". You want a jacket that is tight at the hem, or better yet a coat that is both wind resistant (that's where the naval 32 ounce melton comes in) and padded to trap the body warmth. And goes down past the knees. That is when a down coat, usually with a hood, comes in super handy. And that is why you get some of the nicest (both good looking and warm) down coats in Montreal.

6. Classified_

And I'm guessing you feel the need to express your lame sarcasm. I'm happy you enjoyed that.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  7. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

Geez, I was trying to make a joke, thanks for the analysis Captain Winter :) :) :)

2 people like this.
  8. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

And you wonder why this board doesn't get many new members.

2 people like this.
  9. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

Actually, he was being quite genuine. You're just an ass too

10. Classified_

I know you're just waiting for my raging comment, because that's your thing, I think it's kind of sad. Not going to give you the satisfaction. Good night.

11. sipang

sipang Well-Known Member

sleep tight

8 people like this.
  12. LA Guy

Actually, I think that that was a real piece of advice. SLP does have a very slim fit, both in the tops and the bottoms. If you have the right shape for it, it could work well for you.

1 person likes this.
  13. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

well NN is from Seattle and has no idea what cold is. None of us do. Rain, we know what that is.

1 person likes this.
  14. bryanayrb

bryanayrb Well-Known Member

im the dude that sold you the jacket

it looks good but u have an 8" drop so it accentuates it a bit. geller bombers back then had a straighter silhouette, similar to the RO exploder. if the ribbing was too tight it would look too girly.. kinda like a canada goose bomber

fyi the past few season's bombers come nowhere close to the quality of that one in terms of outer material, lining and filling.. but at the end of the day if you aren't happy with it then that's all that matters

also i wore that thing in toronto winter a few times.. was plenty warm

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  15. LA Guy

Dude, except that you are from Toronto. When I am back home, I will wear a midweight knit, a scarf, a leather, and then a down vest over that. Of course, gloves and a toque, because I like having ears and fingers, even when ti's really quite cold. Classified is apparently from London, where it can feel cold because it's damp, but it never get cold like it does back home.

16. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

I can't see anything sarcastic about my comment, thin/skin tight = SLP, one of the most trusted fashion equations.

17. nahneun

he's just butthurt that he isn't sf approved.

also

BYE, FELICIA!

18. SirMeowly

SirMeowly Well-Known Member

Would just like to echo that I'm sure the SLP advice was genuine. It would work well for you.

1 person likes this.
  19. cocostella

cocostella Well-Known Member

Is this guy the new version of bitchin' piano playin espresso machine bachelor Dood?

20. nahneun

nah cdhagg was funnier