1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Ah man that is cool. I would like to go there just to see the dumb rustic decor, maybe drink some overpriced Visvim brand coffee or whatever. There's lots of Vis I don't like, but ... then again there's lots of it I do enjoy.

FWIW I think you would look fabulous decked out in Vis

1 person likes this.
  2. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

would love to visit FIL or one of those ICT pop up thingies. yes, and drink that cloudy cloud cloud coffee thing. You have to pay? Damn. Thought it would be free.

3. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I actually don't know, I just assume you'd have to pay...

fucking Hiroki

1 person likes this.
  4. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

hiroki nakamura giving away something for free?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you funny.

1 person likes this.
  5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

To be fair, he is strongly influenced by American culture.

6. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

soooo jealous.

7. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

Did they have a bunch of Hawaiian shirts and the t-shirts with Hiroki's face doodled on them?

lol

8. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

What is that leather @g transistor?

9. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

No. It all just seems so inauthentic when it's sitting on the fifth floor of a very well air-conditioned department store, across the hall from Margiela. The camper is in there, too - just, like, in the middle of the floor. I'd love to hear John Mayer croon about that shit. They didn't even have any fishing rods on display.

7 people like this.
  10. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Keep in mind that none of the stores in that building, Margiela, Visvim, the pancake store, whatever, hold a candle to the bread store in the basement.

Guidi laces are hot garbage, I've never had a pair last a year, which is a shame as the boots are quite well-made

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  11. flowcharts

flowcharts Senior member

I thought that jacket looked familiar, did a double-take and noticed the nonnative label[​IMG]

Have you found your brown leather dream jacket yet mikey?

12. flowcharts

flowcharts Senior member

If you're looking for black, caliroots still has a lot of sizes in stock at €65. Otherwise the Converse website has some sizes left in each colorway at full price.

2 people like this.
  13. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

Ahh OK. The Kyoto FIL store is in some kind of historic building I think. Possibly more interesting, although all the clothes are in vitrines in the photos I've seen so it probably feels a bit odd and cold in a different way.

TBH Visvim kinda is inauthentic. You could probably even spin an argument that its lack of authenticity is related to what can make it interesting. ie. a lot of the stuff they make is pretending to be something it isn't - scarves that look like patchwork cotton katozome fabric or whatever, but are actually modal cashmere, denim parkas that have gore-tex hiding on the inside, wide wale corduroy that looks a pretty good facsimile of what you'd see on a 60s hunting jacket but has a completely different hand and drape from the real thing, etc. etc.

2 people like this.
  14. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

eg jacquard/paisley tux pants, like these a lot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  15. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

besides the suede jacket i got not really, but i haven't been looking at all either. still planning on grabbing an rrl moto or eastman a2 whenever i get my bonus (just paid off my cc card, which was a huge friggin relief).

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  16. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

You got a unis suede right? You still like it?

17. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

yeah i like it, haven't been wearing it though because...summer. it's definitely a lightweight piece though and the fit is pretty boxy/low armholes/etc., but i think it goes well with the style of the jacket. build and leather quality seems very solid, but what the hell do i know.

18. zissou

zissou Senior member

Margaret Howell knit sold out on MrP before I woke up, so I consoled myself with more Norse Projects Niels tees from Norse Store.

19. Zassiliss

Zassiliss Senior member

Picked up a pair of sweats from Atrium today too--sales season is just too good this year...and all the clothes I'm buying are mostly for lounging around anyway, haha

[​IMG]

20. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Yeah, I picked up a pair of those, too. I'm undecided on whether I'll actually wear them to the gym on lifting days, though; I'm not sure how well the mesh will hold hold up. Regular escobars, no question.