1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Um, I think slightly wider. I got a pair in January that were initially a bit tight. These were roomy from day 1. That said, don't get shoes that don't fit the way that you like. The sole is probably a couple of mm thicker? Doesn't take much for things to seem very different, in shoes.

2. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Well, it's a while since I had some but I just remembering having some low tops and they were quite snug when it came to width. Would try these on, but I don't think there's any place close that has them which is why I asked if they had a more wide fit :)

And thanks for the reply - it does indeed look like more than a few mm.

3. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

They're awesome, to be sure, but the dark ones will go better with my wardrobe.

But man oh man, the USD to CAD exchange rate right now is brutal ...

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

One man's poison?

But yes, I am trying to take advantage of the rate right now. Hopefully, the USD will start going up again vs the Euro, so that when my Guidi are finished, they will be essentially $700.

5. baltimoron

baltimoron Senior member

Re: Converse zip hi's. Barneys is also stocking the white and black versions. Some of the smaller sizes in white are sold out online but I just went to my local store and they had some in stock. I picked up the white in my "normal" size of 8.5. For reference, I wear 8 in Buttero and 9 in GATs.

6. il_colonnello

il_colonnello Senior member

well I took a half hour to do my personal Yoox statistics and it turns out I fit ^this description of a loyal customer pretty well:

First-ever Yoox order: 18 December 2013
    Most recent: 14 May 2015
    -> period covered = 1 year, 5 months

Total # of orders placed: 126

Sites ordered from: Belgium (74), Germany (29), France (19), Italy (2), Luxembourg (1), US (1)

# of orders kept wholly: 37

Total # of items ordered: 391
    Total # of items returned: 171 (43.7 per cent)
    Total value ordered: 44,378.00 EUR + 871.38 USD
    Total value returned: 22,184.00 EUR + 75.00 USD (~49.2 per cent)

Free shipping applied to 109 orders out of 126, free returns to all but 3.

As it happens, seeing as I kept exactly 220 items and they cost approx. 22k EUR, each item cost an average of roughly 100 euros.

One of my recent orders contained a personal 20-per-cent-off code actually. So I guess if they still encourage me to place more orders, my return rate must be nowhere near ban level.

Strictly speaking I collated these data from 6 different profiles (Yoox country sites), but surely they are smart enough to realise it's always me (same name, birth date, always the same 2 or 3 payment cards etc).

Last edited: May 16, 2015
    5 people like this.
  7. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

They also only do returns for store credit and charge a "restocking fee", and you can only use that store credit online, not in store. I hate Kith.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
    2 people like this.
  8. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

[​IMG] @il_colonnello

1 person likes this.
  9. JSAN

JSAN Senior member

So you have 220 pieces of clothing from Yoox? That's insane, if you wore 5 pieces a day you wouldn't be able to wear every single item once in an entire month.

Last edited: May 17, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  10. il_colonnello

LOL thanks but I have doubts this kind of behaviour is something to aspire to :embar:

Apparently. The funny thing is though I don't know any more what they all are (or where). If you asked me to enumerate them I'm not sure I could give you even 50, off the top of my head. And this is only Yoox, outside of the "occasional" non-Yoox purchase. :confused:

While this kind of mathematical reasoning is obviously a fallacy (you're equating raincoats to undershirts to duffle bags to sweatpants to sunglasses to iPad covers), I admit that hardly a day goes by I don't remove the tags from some item bought a year ago to wear/use it for the first time...

So yes, you're right, on the whole it's insane.

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  11. chupas

chupas Senior member

12. il_colonnello

yeah don't know what to say. Is it really that outrageous? I like to think that as share of net income it's still reasonable. I hope anyway. I don't know. Since my online shopping is spread between so many different delivery addresses, no 1 person in my real life is aware of its full extent. ok maybe I have the odd moment when I wonder myself if things are approaching Patrick-Bateman-level lunacy but honestly, it's never long before some guy at my work complains about a "new set of winter tires that set me back 800" (w/o the rims needless to say). From that perspective... c'mon, 800 for car maintenance? I can get you 2 Lanvin coats for that on Yoox, if I watch them long enough in my Dreambox anyway :)

13. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

14. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I think it's the sheer quantity that people are shocked at. The idea of not even being able to remember 2/3 of the clothing you have is shocking, to say the least, and should probably make you reconsider exactly how you buy things.

5 people like this.
  15. magicalporks

magicalporks Senior member

I never really understood the appeal of the yoox roulette, always seemed like more trouble than it's worth since it doesn't have that extra appeal of physically browsing through stuff at a b&m store either. Dunno :/

16. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Senior member

Having that much clothing would stress me out.

2 people like this.
  17. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Yea I feel the same way. Years ago people were getting good deals but now as more people know of the company they are getting a lot harder to come by. Yoox prices stuff according to how well they sell so for more popular brands you probably won't save much (and would also have to wait a year to see it on yoox) compared to sale prices on current season stuff.

With that said I got the forest print patrik ervell field coat for cheap, ~$230.

18. Classified_

Classified_ Senior member

Problem with Yoox from what I've seen at least is that most stuff on the photos look like they are at a $10 discount price bin and a lot of them don't have photos of being actually worn on models so it's quite hard to see how they fit.

Also their search platform is really bad... The biggest collection of brands and designers I've seen tho...