1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

he wanted a gold star sticker

2 people like this.
  2. Liam123

Liam123 Well-Known Member

Chinos looks nice. What model is that?

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Damn, thanks for posting these. I instantly bought these. Prob won't fit though because I'm like an 8.5 in chucks really, but had to get 9. I'm guessing they come with both white and leather laces?

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  4. London

London Senior member

Grabbed a couple pairs of CP's from news sale, and a BOO seersucker blazer and parka in collaboration with Mackintosh

5. Classified_

Classified_ Senior member

Thanks, I know it's basic but I had to refresh most of of my wardrobe because previously I was a one brand man: All Saints. Literally my entire wardrobe was almost AS and I had the illusion that it's a premium brand with top quality. Lately I've learned that it's crap and I got rid of everything (Some pieces shrunk/stretched and got refunds for them) and it was a good opportunity to revamp so I invested in more quality basics to build a new wardrobe. My next purchases will definitely be more interesting. I'm posting in WAYWT so watch that space :)

On that note, where would you recommend to find more special pieces? Thanks

Same comment as above. It's a base of a new wardrobe, but there are some more interesting pieces there, like the shoes and the 2 Margiela, so I believe at least.

6. Classified_

The Green is Marco and the Navy is Paulo

7. accordion

accordion Senior member

Do you guys think the black Converses would go with Pod shorts? too slim?

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Yes, both the white and leather. The (light brown) leather looks stupid. Someone fell asleep at the wheel with that choice. The flat white laces look infinitely better. Incredibly, everyone except for Kith styled them with the leather laces.

9. ericleavitt

ericleavitt Senior member

I like sunspel, everything else is meh imo. Reiss shirts=not good quality. Acne sweater looks thin. Margiela sweater is way to basic, especially when you are building up a wardrobe.

10. LA Guy

They are not really that slim - the 70s version ave higher sidewalls. By the same token, they are not exaggerated the way Rick kicks are.

11. ericleavitt

ericleavitt Senior member

@Classified_ Also, dw about it man, I am just now getting rid of 4 pairs of allsaints boots, a pair of loafers, a bomber jacket, and just sold a leather jacket from them. I now respect quality made garments. A smaller wardrobe isn't necessarily a bad thing. Check out brands like Jcrew/Uniqlo/American Apparel for basics. Splurge on Outerwear/shoes/pants/jeans. Brands such as Stephan Schneider, Robert Geller, RRL, Engineered Garments, and Kapital are all great. For shoes Oak Street Bootmakers, Guidi, Viberg, and Clarks are all good options. I left out Rick owens and other dark ninja gear, because in reality its way to expensive, especially if you're building up a wardrobe and need staples, unless you have a trust fund.

12. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Senior member

Can't see the word Kith without thinking this:

[​IMG]

Those chucks are dope though. I also like the all-white timbs on their site.

8 people like this.
  13. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Also hopped on the chucks from End. Thanks for the heads up.

14. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

Couldn´t find a gold star, buuuut

[​IMG]

15. Classified_

Thanks, I know these brands and will look into them.

However, I think you are a bit harsh in your reply. The Acne is thin yes, it's a merino cardigan, meant to be.

The Reiss shirts are actually well made and their fit is great, the Margiela is a classic summer piece, bought it mostly for the colour tbh and the shoes are all top quality: Cheaney, Santoni and Common Projects... hard to say these are meh if you ask me.

It's true that most of it is basic, but again that's because 80% of my wardrobe was All Saints and needed serious refreshing, that's why it may appear as "meh" style wise, but definitely not quality wise.

BTW, have purchased this Oliver Spencer blazer yesterday:

[​IMG]

And this COS Silk and Linen knit:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  16. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Damn, wish I could find the lighter ones in an 11.5. I'd pretty much given up on chucks, but those look nice.

edit:

Also, because I'm boring, picked up an RRL workshirt I'd regretted missing out on:

[​IMG]

17. LA Guy

18. LA Guy

In other news, this thread is getting too long to load well. I will probably take the last 50 posts or so, and move them all to a new thread, and close this one, over the weekend.

Cheers,

Fok.

19. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Unless they run larger than regular Chucks, which already run a half size large IME, I don't think I can hack an 11. Thanks for the link, though. Part of me is surprised they're selling them directly on the Converse web site.

20. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I'm gonna buy those grey ones. Damn you Fok!

(seriously, they look so nice)