1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Is that the same 5-zip that Artishard has? I would love one that color.

2. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

No Man Walks Alone is selling a few different pairs of espadrilles.

Use code SF10.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  3. DLester

DLester Senior member

I have several cheapshit H&M espadrilles that wear all the time in the summer and a lot of the time the rest of the year esp around the house; perfectly adequate beaters....

4. jet

jet Senior member

I'm so proud of you.

Only thing that worries me is that espadrilles by nature fall apart hence I wouldn't personally spend a lot on them. Still would like the og ones I forgot the name of (sup parker) and wear my topmans every summer.

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

6. jet

jet Senior member

No man og ones are like 10 bucks.

7. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

I get what you mean I've gone through a few ASOS models myself. I learned the hard way with ASOS in Cuba after stepping in a puddle and realizing the bottom was made of canvas

I won't treat this Saint Laurent pair so harshly, lets see how long they last. They are heavy/solid so I have high hopes

8. jet

jet Senior member

That's the problem with those, my first pair of topmans did that too so now I avoid puddles at all costs around pools. They shrink too if they get wet and sit under the sun lol.

Seriously going to wear nike frees sockless for that musclebound douche chillin by the pool look if I can't find those espys.

9. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

yup, i had a bad experience with my last five pairs of espadrilles. they shrank so much in the sun that i now wear them all at the same time, one over each toe.

(raising my heels when i walk has gotten tiresome, however)

10. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

Bene that style suits you so much better than all your slouchy schneider stuff does

Imho

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    3 people like this.
  11. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

Yup. Great pickup. Just gets better with wear too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17 people like this.
  12. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

That 5 zip color is so good

13. Benjaminba

Benjaminba Senior member

Yahoo Japan. [​IMG] Recently I'm getting all my clothes from there. So weird. Couple years ago I would do my shopping at stores max 30 miles from home.

Oliver Peoples and 2xEG.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10 people like this.
  14. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

^^I've always wanted to use Yahoo Japan and Amazon Japan but has been able to cop all of my clothes on Rakuten. Is it easy to navigate?

15. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

It isn't easy, but it's not prohibitively difficult. Amazon Japan works just like Amazon and you can even switch the UI to English. Yahoo Japan is kinda ugly and awkward but works like any other auction site, really.

16. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Ah I have that blue/white EG jacket in the middle. It's an awesome summer jacket :)

1 person likes this.
  17. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

[​IMG]
    Visvim Porcella Alu, Navy. So good. It's hard to see from this picture, but the leather is a midnight blue, nealy black, and has an uneven surface. Got here from Italy in 3 days. Meanwhile, my package from Germany, ordered on March 12, is still stuck in New Jersey. Sigh DHL.

5 people like this.
  18. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

I now feel your pain on the Germany front. They take a long time to origin-prepare shipments for Deutsche Post shipments. I don't know how I feel about the, what do you even call that, embossing(?) on the side of the sole.

Realistically I'll probably convince myself that I love it and have to order 2 colorways... which is what happened with Skagways -- again thanks to you.

19. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

20. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

It's more subtle than it looks in any of the pictures you see online. I mean, it's definitely a feature, but it's a difficult capture properly on camera. In that picture, and in a lot of pictures online, they detail on the sidewalls look very pronounced, nearly like studs. In person, it's fairly shallow, but has been "dirtied" to show it off more. I think that it's a design detail taken from a historical shoe. I want to say PF Flyers, but I could be wrong. Maybe Tretorn? Someone needs to bail me out on this one.

The leather looks really phenomenal - for me, that is the real draw of this shoe. It's a waxy leather with "streaks" embossed on it. So, this pair of shoes will fit perfectly into my "expensive scuzball" wardrobe. I can see these, along with my Viberg bison boots on the sand sole, getting a lot of play this spring and into the summer. Next quest - Visvim low slip ons.

The beige ones are now closer to me - about 2 days away from me. Yay!