• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Cream Floral T-Shirt

White Detachable Collar 1960'S Replica Hidden Placket Bib Dinner Shirt

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Margiela was what attracted me to fashion and learning about it in the first place. I actually went from W+H/Momotaro/Nom de Guerre etc to RAF/Jil/Geller then it just finally clicked Margiela gives me everything I like simple easy to wear clothes with interesting fabrics and not to mention I haven't had to guess on sizing in a long time. Pretty much I plan to just buy Margiela exclusively for the foreseeable future

I guess I might have romanticized Margiela but while I hear -really just from this site- that quality is down and what not, I still love their ideas and still buy many things at retail. It is just me as I always say. I pretty much have a list of all retailers and check those only for Margiela. Shopping experience is so much better when you only buy from one brand in my opinion. The only other brand I buy like Margiela is Orlebar Brown .....until Margiela makes some swim trunks :D

I feel the exact way you do with Margiela with Lad Musician.

Although I had my fixation with Ervell, and still do to a certain extent; I just enjoy the general fit of Lad on me.

Buying from one brand has many pluses, and it's what I tend to do or at least am trying to do now.

At the end of the day you are the one wearing and enjoying the clothes so do what makes you happy man. Seems you are catching a little flack, but so did I and in my experience I am glad I didn't listen to any of it and kept buying what I truly liked. I am very hard headed though and don't like change so once I find what I love I run with it

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. Dress in what makes you happy, not to make the internet think you're cool

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got dat lettuce boy! except I didnt buy it, I grew it.

sorry im just excited about my first harvest:embar:

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some basics, Uniqlo linen shirts: grey, beige. H&M white shirt with micro colors.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know what it is about the Uniqlo Linen shirts, they feel nice and fit well, but for some reason they make me break out all over my body. I've never experienced with any other of my linen shirts.

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Break out? That's weird, what you mean by break out? Like acne or irritation.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Schneider colorblock scarf. Yes it's cotton, but his cotton is entirely unlike other brands, drapes really well too (I bought my ex one a while back)

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks you might be allergic to maybe something in their dye or something they use in their linen but I've actually never had any rashes from clothing except on certain parts of my face that are sensative.

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks you might be allergic to maybe something in their dye or something they use in their linen but I've actually never had any rashes from clothing except on certain parts of my face that are sensative.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Were they new and worn before washing?

Yeah brand new, I wore them before and after a wash no difference. Tried drycleaning, same ****. Perhaps El Bert is right and i'm just allergic to something in the material, odd because it's never happened to me before.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads