1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

@reedobandito gorgeous. so gorgeous.

2. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

Spot blown...though I assumed that was the one reedo bought? If not...hands off everyone lol

3. sholom

sholom Senior member

well its still listed so I guess he just used those pictures.

4. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

I messaged him and did a shady deal outside ebay skeeskeeskee

Pretty sure it's one of a kind, so I doubt that's another. I'll let you guys know if it doesn't work out. Damn, that color :satisfied:

5. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

Damn, I kind of figured that had to be the one you got, but was holdin' out hope...guess you'll just have to sell your 5 zip instead :nodding:

6. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

people....should buy my stuff....so i can buy...more stuff :)

7. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

I've become too fat for your stuff @nahneun :(

8. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

making sales threads is so annoying....

9. reedobandito

Heh you'll be the first to know if it doesn't work out. Will probably have to sell my MDR to cover it...

10. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

If I could find a leather to replace it with I'm going to go through with selling my MDR. Honestly just wish I could trade it out for a calf MDR or 2013 DR...or 5 zip. Anyways, get this thread back on track:

Schneider

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12 people like this.
  11. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

buy that zam, sev. i wore my zam dna pants with a schneider shirt today lol

12. tokyocean

tokyocean Senior member

3sixteen waxed cotton bomber jacket in black. Comfort is amazing, quality is outstanding. It will keep me warm. The fit is snug, which I prefer. Overall, I'm satisfied with it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  13. reedobandito

Finally was able to pick up my Story et Fall sidezips and WOW

Hands down the nicest, most personal packaging I have ever received for any item of clothing, ever. It came with a typed note by the designer apologizing for the delay, a letter of authenticity with the name of the maker handwritten, an exorbitant amount of white packaging, 2 kinds of insoles, and--kicker--a pair of really nice shoe trees to make up for the delay.

The boots themselves are absolutely gorgeous. The leather is thick and looks beautiful, the sole is nicely stacked (wood+leather) and comes with a topy plus shoe taps. The zip is on par with all of the Margiela sidezips I've tried. The fit is slightly less sleek in the toebox than MMM, but the profile is otherwise very similar. The quality feels 5x as good as the pair of MMM sidezips I bought a year or two ago.

The fit is similar to MMM boots, they run slightly narrow and long. I went 42, and I'm a true 43. They're perfect lengthwise and a little snug on the sides. These boots are not super comfortable out of the box, and I know I'm gonna have to spend some serious time wearing them in before they are. The thick sole and thick leather upper are gonna be a challenge.

All in all, I'm super pleased and can't believe I only paid $200 for these. The owner is a great dude, you guys should really hop on his products before he blows up big time

11 people like this.
  14. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Post pics on the story et fall thread?

2 people like this.
  15. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Honestly, I have a $20 h&m sweatshirt I picked up that I really fucking like a lot. Fit is on point, it's way soft even after multiple washes and if I ruin it I can buy ten more. Some things are nicer at the low end I think.

1 person likes this.
  16. jet

jet Senior member

^agree, my only concern is poly content which is why i don't usually buy nike sweats but I found some that have a high cotton content with some poly mixed in so may try those, shit is purely for lazy days at home or the gym

17. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Wood in sole sounds painful... $200 is a good price though, wouldn't mind picking up a pair as beaters.

18. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

This one is, of all things, 90% cotton 10% viscose.

1 person likes this.
  19. tgaith77

tgaith77 Senior member

Andrew McDonald grey (washed black) cordovan back zips, really enjoying these so far...see baller boot thread for more pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14 people like this.