• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
edit *different* sheep like grazing on the same patch of grass I guess.

Btw jet baller sneaker totally makes up for the alden disaster lol. Been home for a week and it's perfect light reading.

My vote for best fit pic of the first 200+ posts:

Last edited:

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Expensive sneakers are something I've never understood. Nobody gives a **** what sneakers you're wearing and *IMHO* expensive sneakers don't look better anyways.

You're full of ****.

Reality is people DO CARE what is on your feet. Especially in New York City.

I know when I wear nice sneakers I get asked in public what brand they are, etc etc So many compliments and questions. Truth.

Maybe your boring hometown nobody gives a ****.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Feels good when the bouncers at the ginger man recognize my marjellies. Gives meaning to my life

fishbones

Reaction score
Disagree, up to a point... For example with leather shoes/boots you're just not going to get high quality leather or construction until you spend a certain amount of money. Sneakers aren't resoleable and they get tossed after they get worn so even if you get a better quality product spending more money they are still a disposable product with a much shorter life compared to a quality shoe or boot.

I can see spending money for a high quality product, but not for sneakers. You're not getting more for your money unless you just like the way they look, which is fine. IMO there's plenty of cheap sneakers that look fine too.

Also, do you really think everyone prefers boots to sneakers?
And where do you get your sources that sneakers can't be resoleable?
How about leather sneakers then?
Also I'm confused now with your entire post based on the bolded point.

Probably getting trolled, but I've never been worked up with such ignorance, especially since "it's the internet lol".

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
howd u get your dunks resoled tog? are any sneaks resole-able? i don't want my anns to wear down (or future baller sneakers)

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We don't kindly to sneaker hate talk

Unless you are sipang

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The person I bought them from had them resoled, I think everyone uses The Firm in NYC for their baller sneaker needs. You can ship them shoes and they will fix and send back iirc

Last edited:

Cole

Reaction score
X45IwQh.jpg

with all this baller sneaker talk it's probably a good time to post this. this happened to my CP's today, wat do? (btw I love my CP's and I get lots of compliments even from rednecks in arkansas)

Last edited:

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
read that as "bring to colabear"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads