• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
recent-ish purchases

Geller

Ervell x2

NDC

LVC

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those are some of the best looking ndcs i've seen in a while. where'd you cop?

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think someone posted a link in the ebay thread to amazon for the ndc for pretty cheap

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

there's a weird nordic general store along the highway between Denver and Summit County.

Also, Stone IPA is so good

If you see it buy some stone enjoy by ipa. Best ipa I've had in awhile

Last edited:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up the voidthebrand white curved hem tank top as a cheap alternative to Geller as I was going for the cockbib look. In case others were wondering here are my thoughts and opinions:

I got the Style#8 Round flap tank top in white size medium. I am a big medium at 6'1" 170 lbs.

Appearance:
1) All the edges are raw: the neckline, arm openings, and the hem
2) There is a center seam running down the back
3) The material is very sheer, thin, and light. I can see my entire body through it. No big deal since I plan on just layering it. You definitely can't wear this on it's own unless you're going to some S&M fetish parties/orgies.

Fit:
1) The armholes in this are higher than I thought. I didn't really look closely at the angled pic on the model, but the armholes are definitely not low on him either.
2) The length was much longer than I expected. Under sizing they listed the medium as being 76.8 cm long which is 30.25". I measured mine and it was 35". It went all the way down to my mid thigh practically. If I bunch up the tank I get the right amount of length in front but it was challenging to get the front and back to the right length and to stay there.

Overall thoughts:
1) I wish the material was thicker as you can clearly see the care through it on the white. Maybe the black is better. Not surprisingly the black was sold out and only white was left in a lot of their different products.
2) I'm a little disappointed the length was so long. I'm going to try and shrink it but the instructions say Machine wash cold and line dry. The tank seems pretty fragile so I will soak it in a hot tub of water and air dry it to see if it shrinks.

I don't own any Geller tanks but tried one on a long time ago. It wasn't as long and thin. With the exception of Geller's mesh tank, you could wear it on it's own as it wasn't see through. At over 3 times the price of voidthebrand, the Geller's are definitely worth it. Maybe if the length wasn't as long I'd like the voidthebrand tank more.

Also what do you think is the ideal length for the layered top to stick out? 3 to 4 inches?

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grifoni blazer came in. Need the sleeves taken up. Not sure how difficult that will be. It can go 1/2 inch or so at the cuff without interfering with the buttons. Otherwise seems ok. Sorry about the photo. Best I can do.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, sleeves are long, but i could see you pulling it off if you wear the jacket with a tee or something. did you go tts?

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I am a slim 38 and this is a 38. I always have problems with sleeve length so that shouldn't dissuade anyone.

DividedWay

Reaction score
Managed to ruin two pairs of pants last night using a washing machine. I'm super smart. To make up for it, I bought Devoa

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics