1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. einstine

einstine Senior member

I don't think its as big as it seems, and I keep my phone in by back pocket.

AT&T Next?
    I wouldn't buy it upright and go with someone else, you'll waist $350 unless you don't want to be in a contract. If I was going on my own plan I would just buy it unlocked and use a straight talk at&t sim.

2. futuresailors

futuresailors Senior member

@conceptual 4est I recall one of my marketing professors saying something along the lines of AT&T makes people with the unlimited plan pay full retail for their phones to either recoup some of the losses from the plan or "convince" them to drop the plan.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  3. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I have at&t and am also grandfathered in to unlimited data. When I go to pre-order through the apple store app it says "you are eligible for an upgrade on 10/20 and can purchase the 64gb for $299". Unless it's diff for me since I'm on a family plan?

4. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

I'm using Rick Owens Wireless. 1 gb data for $999 a month. Plus I get a free Michele Lamy wallpaper image.

14 people like this.
  5. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

are you sure you're eligible for a standard upgrade? What you're describing sounds like the early upgrade pricing (which is my situation). If that's not right just call ATT, they should be able to fix it

6. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

Just received my last purchase from before I decided to not buy anything more... a couple of BB Black Fleece tattershall BDs - a nice combination of old country fabric and a modern cut (I'm slightly enough built that Black Fleece BB0 actually fits me pretty well without alteration) - perfect for autumn and tweeds.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    It's actually surprisingly hard to find good quality tattershall shirts from British makers right now, which is surprising considering that they are a very British country thing.

1 person likes this.
  7. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

Yeah, it says the same thing for me (without the date in there as I'm already eligible) but when I get to the final step to pay it switches over to $549 with no indication why. Also not on a family plan but who knows.

Yeah, I've had this phone for about 26 months now and it has told me I've been eligible for an upgrade for months when I sign into my account. I'll just give them a call later, but I figured I would post it up while we were talking about this, to see if there was something glaringly obvious that I was missing. I'll also find out if it explicitly has anything to do with the unlimited data plan, but I don't want to go by what someone heard (no offense futuresailors).

8. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

What's a ripoff about ATT Next? It's basically 0% interest financing for the phone. Plus you have to option to pay it off whenever you want and they'll unlock it so if you travel overseas just pop in a local SIM and you're good to go.

If you're referring to the pay x amount a month and then trade in your current phone for a new one then yes, that's a ripoff but I think most people are smart enough to realize they can just pay off the balance on the phone and they get to keep it.

9. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

Not for me, but my wife picked up a pair of these Shoes Like Pottery. I know @eluther was looking into these, they seem like pretty good quality for the price:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. conceptual 4est

That's under the assumption that your normal service contract doesn't already include a portion of the bill as payment for the phone though, so now instead of getting the phone for $200, with the caveat being that built into your plan is already the remainder of the cost broken out over so many months, it's that built-in cost plus $30/month (or whatever) for Next, and then you either don't keep it or pay that large sum later. It doesn't really add up to me but once again, maybe I'm missing something.

11. conceptual 4est

Ok, now for some actual recent purchases. Trying to step my NMWA game up so unloaded a few old things on B&S and Grailed and stocked up on gear for the fall:

[​IMG]

Big John slim tapereds, 14oz indigo. Decided to attempt the raw denim thing again, only this time with a slim cut (usually wear not-sized-down APC NS or RRL) so this is a bit of an experience for me, but so far I like them a lot.

And on to the Schneider Haul:

[​IMG]

Wool/mohair oxalis

[​IMG]

Wool botanical - looking to mostly wear this as an overshirt or shacket in place of how I would normally wear a flannel

[​IMG]

Garden HP in heavy (heavy!) flannel

[​IMG]

Pine crewneck. I like the slightly puffy feel of the cuffs and collar. neck opening is tight though when pulling it over my head. Can see this being worn both with jeans or with trousers even.

28 people like this.
  12. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Went with the 6 (4.7inch). My 5 is 4 inches and fits perfectly in my hand, so 4.7 is as big as I am willing to go. I think the 5.5 looks kind of goofy in my opinion like having an iPad mini next to your ear. Of course the 6+ is the most popular and has October ship dates

I can't imagine a 5.5 inch phone in my wool trousers or jeans. Might look like I am smuggling a license plate haha

13. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I find the overall convenience of a Galaxy Note 8 out-weighs the goofyness of holding it to my ear - not that you can carry an 8" tablet in most pockets... :)

1 person likes this.
  14. Zassiliss

Zassiliss Senior member

[​IMG]

Bought the hoodie and the drop crotch trousers to try them out...

Very odd that the hoodie doesn't have any raglan sleeves, but I kind of like it.

1 person likes this.
  15. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

I think if you're still on unlimited data with AT&T, they don't let you upgrade your phone for the in-contract prices unless you leave the grandfathered plan. I think this was an issue with me a while ago.

16. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

It's the same size as the one plus one and the other 5.5" and they all seem enormous to me, but I currently have 3GS, which is tiny compared to phones nowadays.

17. magicalporks

magicalporks Senior member

Just upgraded for contract price (to a 5S, but still) and they let me keep my unlimited plan. Didn't come up as an issue for me.

18. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior member

[​IMG]
    ol raw silk

3 people like this.
  19. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

I think the pine is the same cut as the weeds jumper i have. the waistband is loose too?

20. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

A white leather bracelet with a silver rosette snap, from Good Art Hollywood, which is the spot for baller biker jewelry. Will take pics when I get it.