• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

At risk of sounding like I'm always bullying reedo, I'm bummed out that he got that.

It's another case of settling for a cheaper version of something that is not quite what he wanted.  A few weeks ago he mentioned wanting either a TOJ BBall or some Undercover leather.

Instead of one of those he got a reversible varsity and a denim 5-zip, which I'm sorry but will never be close to as cool as a proper leather version.

You can do better than this Reedo!!  I thought you were starting to get a clear idea of where you wanted to take your style but instead you have 2 pieces that aren't what you were actually lusting after.

i feel as though i'm always bullying reedo as well, which is a shame, because he's always nice to be, but his purchases just make me sad.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can empathize with the unplanned instakop. But i'm not generally blowing wads on denim jackets. I think a levi's trucker would be better for you anyway, reedo.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks a LOT better in person than on that mannequin, and the fit and weight are really great. It sort of drapes like leather too, not stiff in any way like raw denim.

I know it may appear like I'm settling but it was offered to me as a trade and, after doing some research and talking to people, I decided to give it a shot. Now that I have it in my possession, I can say I'm quite happy with it! And the real deal MMM black leather is prohibitively expensive for me, can't justify spending $1,200 on any piece at this point in my life.

I'll post a fit in the next few days to shut up all you naysayers! :foo:

Last edited:

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That 5-zip looks like it could be cool, just not in that stock pic. You don't HAVE to own every "ultimate grail" item in every category to be happy with your wardrobe. I feel like half of building a successful wardrobe is learning what items to be happy with or compromise on.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Never make compromises. I bought my brown carpe s21ms because I couldn't find any blacks ones, but lo and behold... a few weeks later..... :(

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The denim really is substantial and feels/looks unlike any other denim I've handled, and the shade of blue works really well with black (I also intend to wear it with some white denim and those white painted HMMMMM boots, should look coo)

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
people aren't objecting to the item itself, but rather the fact that its another episode in a web series called 'reedo talks about how he's going to stop buying clothing, and then immediately chases down hyped pieces'

show a little self control yo

on topic:

before the no purchase february clock started, a pair of green geller skinny jeans and a grey heavyweight NDG cardi

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
This reminds me of when I was lambasted for buying, trying, and selling things. I always wondered why people cared so much/at all.

Reedo, keep kops/ideas private or else you will get the dick.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
goddamn, sometimes I just wanna quit this site for good, I get ragged on so ******* much

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

Yes, this post fits in nicely after I posted about how I was fairly content with my wardrobe.

Awww **** :fistbump:

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^those sound like some awesome pickups Teger, which NDG cardigan did you get?

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Regarding planned purchases, how is that a bad thing? I remember getting negative feedback because everything looks so "planned" in an outfit.

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

The denim really is substantial and feels/looks unlike any other denim I've handled, and the shade of blue works really well with black (I also intend to wear it with some white denim and those white painted HMMMMM boots, should look coo)

reedo atdmit it you are not as smart as thea strest of styleforumn

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
REEDO WHY DIDN'T YOU DO WHAT WE SAID

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads