• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

barrangadang

Reaction score

My friend's a tailor at the Brooks Brothers shop at the mall here, and she wasn't there today. Meaning she's getting a surprise visit from me sometime tomorrow. Was tempted to get the second shirt for $259 but they only had the grey herringbone.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bad cut, mediocre construction, mediocre fabric, $259? I hope you at least get in her pants.

edit: is that less mysogynistic?

I mean why else is he spending $260 on a crap shirt?

Last edited:

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't know Brooks Brothers even had shirts for that much.

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wut how did I not see that ervell listed
frown.gif
ditto :(

DesignerValet

Reaction score
Brooks makes some decent shirts, but at $130/ea I'd spend the extra $15 for MTO. Far more fabric choices and an infinitely better fit.

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just got the HMMM gray zips for my brother (new to dressing well) and myself. Very happy, they look rad and were $99 a piece.

Considering the painted ones, HAHAH. probably wont, though.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
acquired bulbous shoes on the cheap (thank you yooox)

sadly my slim cut awesome crinkled hp peacoat is one inch too small and there are no 42s. DAMN YOU DAH and the rest of italy for your slender svete bodies. back you go to yoox.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn those carpes are nice. :slayer:

+1. Yet surprisingly some H&M boots received nearly the same number of thumbs up. Everyone seems to eat up the idea of chain stores offering their cheap goods with a designer's name attached. Remember all the fawning on here when the Uniqlo +J collection first came out?

If you like the CDiem S21 boots, the junhashimoto S21 boots are extremely similar and readily available. Only difference I can see is a variation in the shape of the toe box. Looking from the overhead view the carpe appear to flare outward more on the sides than jun. But looking from the side view the jun toe seems to curve upward more.

The jun heavy waxed horse leather is so thick and strong that it feels like it'll last forever. I have not seen the H&M boots, but I'd be willing to bet they're intended to be thrown away when worn out, similar to a pair of sneakers.

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1. Yet surprisingly some H&M boots received nearly the same number of thumbs up. Everyone seems to eat up the idea of chain stores offering their cheap goods with a designer's name attached. Remember all the fawning on here when the Uniqlo +J collection first came out?

This is dumb. How often can you find good men's design that isn't really expensive? I was totally uninterested originally but now you can get really cool design at less than regular h&m prices. It's fun. I'm thinking I'll head back and get that giant oversized peacoat, wear it like a cape over a suit when I feel like being weird.

It's got nothing to do with name brand cache and everything to do with the once-in-a-rare-while opportunity to buy something that isn't chinos/flannel/blue checked shirts at prices that normal people pay for clothes, rather than the grossly inflated ones we normally pay here.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads