• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adubz

Reaction score
I have that same cardigan/jacket. The Geller Richard, right? I am a true 40, and went with the 48. It is pretty relaxed, but less so than yours. For me, the shoulder hits right at the shoulder line, and the sleeves just at the base of the thumb, not unlike what it looks like here:

Thanks for the input guys. Fok, I did buy the jacket because of your earlier post about it. I am still debating whether to go for a 46 or just tailoring the sleeves on the 48. I think a local store carries it and I'll just try on the 46 there. It sux that P&B doesn't do exchanges, by the time I return my 48, the 46 might be out of stock already.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jun hashimoto "heavy waxed horse" derbies

As shown in the last pic, the wax coating causes a unique wear pattern to appear over time. I assume this is due to the use of colored wax which makes the shoes appear darker than the actual leather coloration, but I'm not entirely sure.

jun_s25_camel1.jpg

jun_s25_camel2.jpg

jun_s25_camel3.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
plebe cop

rDRvPl.jpg

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

jun hashimoto "heavy waxed horse" derbies
As shown in the last pic, the wax coating causes a unique wear pattern to appear over time. I assume this is due to the use of colored wax which makes the shoes appear darker than the actual leather coloration, but I'm not entirely sure.
jun_s25_camel1.jpg

jun_s25_camel2.jpg

jun_s25_camel3.jpg

I think this has been waxed on the reverse (suede) side of the leather.

Old army boots used to be made out of "waxed calf", where the flesh side would be heavily waxed to make it more waterproof. Oils and waxes are going to stick far more easily to the flesh side than the smooth.

Foster makes a pair of riding boots like this.

Waxed Calf is uniquely for hunting boots. The leather is tanned by a special process that retains natural oils and waxes and is used by the boot maker inside out, i.e. the outside of the boot is the inside of the hide. The rough surface of the leather is smoothed down by a series of applications of polish using a deer bone against the support of the boot tree to bring it up to a high shine. When the surface is scratched by hedges, gorse etc. it can be brought back to a high shine using the same technique

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would wear thos ein a heartbeat, hendri. goddamn.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Just got this in, not sure if I should keep this and wear it as the intended oversized fit cardigan, or return this and size down one instead.

How do you like the color/material on that one? I couldn't tell if it would look weird or awesome IRL.

Also, how droopy/flimsy are the pockets?
I think those are very nice shoes, but will look gross on. YMMV though, get them in a fit.

Might end up that way. I'm ok with paying return shipping if they don't work out.

I'll post a fit wearing both. I feel like I could get away with wearing the shoes with somewhat faded denim.

Last edited:

iluvatar

Reaction score
Speaking of waxed suede/reversed leather, here is a recent purchase/experiment of mine. Inspired by a pair of waxed suede C&J derbies that I’ve had for a while and really like, I picked up a pair of Allen Edmonds Katmai suede chukkas of Amazon for a good price to try it out myself. Like most Allen Edmonds, they looked pretty meh, but the Katmai’s suede is pretty thick, not the thinner split suedes that are pretty common, and they’ve got a mini-lug sole. I applied a few layers of sno seal with a hair dryer, and I think they turned out pretty well. They should be a solid bad weather beater, and I’m thinking they’ll only look better by the end of the season.

Adubz

Reaction score

How do you like the color/material on that one? I couldn't tell if it would look weird or awesome IRL.
Also, how droopy/flimsy are the pockets?

I don't know how it would look silly. :embar: The blue and the black is rather subtle but still interesting enough to throw in on some black jeans and a plain tee, and the material is rather soft. Since the material is not really all that thick and also due to the raw hems, I can see the pocket might get droopy over time if you have a habit of sticking your hands in them all the time. With that said, the 48 does look a bit too boxy for my liking, and the gf think I should size down, chances are it's going back to P&B this Monday.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New boots, do they look too big?
Feel like they look a little long

Bumping this, any opinions?
They are only about .5 inches longer then my other shoes but I'm paranoid they look overly big

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
don't look long to me, but if you think they do you'll never wear them. what are they?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads