1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

I was semi kidding. I've always love FBT's as well. Enjoy and please post up your thoughts on them once you receive them.

2. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

[​IMG]

I drink so much of this stuff haha

1 person likes this.
  3. binauralbeats

binauralbeats Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  4. reedobandito

Also,

[​IMG]

Schneider. Thanks Snake!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    3 people like this.
  5. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

in regards to the fbt, the model is also not kudo it is kudu, which is a type of leather. hopefully you sized correctly as this season fits a little bit differently than previous. they are a nice shoe, although i wear my pair much less than i had anticipated- mostly because I have shamans which are fairly delicate:

[​IMG]

6. einstine

einstine Senior member

Haha I know Kudu is a type of leather I could put that together. I messaged a lot of different Japan shops and get the response of, I don't know 80% of the time, other times its TTS. From the other Visvim garments I own Japanese stocklists or resellers must measure different because there not accurate. I knew I would buy a pair sooner or later so in the past I messaged people on ebay or fuk and they usually tell me almost half size big for 2013 models. My foot measurement is 10.75" so I went with a 10.5. I sure as hell doubt ill wear socks with them since I know the leather will feel amazing, and if there tight the leather will stretch. Shamans are nice but look like crap when the ankle wrap starts to curl and get misshaped.

Haha Personally not Kanye ...Im not going to lie and say the guy or his designers don't have style some of his outfits are really nice like they should be for how fashion forward or god-like he claims to be. The only reason I know he wears FBTs is because I have GQ in my rss feed.

7. jet

jet Senior member

ya i know, heard stories about your hood...it cured my stomach ache i had for a few days when nothing else i took helped

lots of 2013 production is smoking excellent but main two would be hdm epicure 2 and juan lopez seleccion 2, both robustos (which i ordered and will report myself of these 2013s) and you'd do well ordering blindly and getting a good box, consistency is high with these

i posted a few boxes in the cigar thread that i picked up but depends what you want, epi 2 is good as a relaxing subtle smoke with a smoother profile, jls2 is a richer more straightforward smoke with no dominant notes

of course i like the brash in your face complex cigars with aging potential in spades like rass and serie d4s so it depends on your palate and objective, those being among the more known ones

i'll bring the halliburton stocked when i come up north one of these days, need to get a carrying case for the glencairns

8. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

It's fall 2011 @reedobandito you see the same exact pattern on a couple of the shirts and there's a reddish/maroon version of it too.

9. reedobandito

Aha perfect, that mean I now own all 3 colors of the Departure pattern (2 on scarves, 1 on a shirt)

THE TRIFECTA IS COMPLETE

10. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

Great bourbon for a great price. Try out Four Roses Small Batch if you get a chance. It's usually under $40 if I'm not mistaken. One of these days I'll have tried enough bourbons to move on get a handle on the different scotches out there.

11. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

[​IMG]

Going to see if Luxire can build a few based on these.

3 people like this.
  12. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

I blame Teger.

I've been meaning to grab a Barena blazer for months but couldn't decide on the style, colour and size I wanted/needed. Teger recently posted this pic in the following post which got my even more keen to grab one, but still I just couldn't find the right size (assuming i'm a 50 - we will see).

http://www.styleforum.net/t/164384/t...0#post_6827619

I'm a little shorter and smaller than Teger and he bought a 52 and via PM confirmed to me that he thinks he could have bought the 50, but it might have been too short. Seeing as i'm shorter, it should fit well without alterations. Comparatively, Sune, the TBS model pictured below is wearing a 50, the size I bought. However normally I think I am a little bigger than him in the shoulders, so who knows.

Anyway, after being sold out for weeks a 50 popped up on my favourite site, TBS, so I snapped it up very quickly without hesitating.

Barena Slanega

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    5 people like this.
  13. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

There and back again. . .

A Barena tale, By:

ElisiX​

3 people like this.
  14. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

Co-sign this. Four Roses Small Batch is a tremendous bourbon for the price.

15. einstine

einstine Senior member

Bourbon talk making me hungry for mall Chinese bourbon chicken. Mmmmm

16. MS007

MS007 Senior member

tog (or anyone), whats the quality of woodwood ?

17. reedobandito

Yea, only other Bourbons I've found comparable in quality at the $25 and under pricetag are Whippersnapper (a very young bourbon, made in Oregon) and Corner Creek, which is pretty bold tasting.

I've seen lots of good reviews for Four Roses, must admit that I'm probably biased against the brand due to its rather unappealing marketing. The bottle, label and name are none to appealing. But that's pretty silly of me haha

Alright, guess I should give it a shot

18. Dorje

Dorje Senior member

Woodford Reserve sometimes goes on sale for under $30... if you see it for low $30s or under definitely buy. Buffalo Trace is probably the best bourbon in the $20 range though...

Also, Angle's Envy and Four Roses Single Barell are good at slightly higher prices...

19. DividedWay

DividedWay Senior member

I've really enjoyed bulleit's bourbon, and Basil Hayden's is fantastic when I can afford it...

2 people like this.
  20. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

i'll take bullet over buffalo trace.

A good one i received as a gift lately is Blanton's
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.