1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

lol. I think it's weird that y'all are finding VTB so much larger than the size charts suggest. I'll probably try one or two just for giggles.

I really like Everlane's black tees, though. The shade of black is really great, and the grey is pretty cool too. I wish they'd bring back the pale grey they had when they first started

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  2. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

well if you compare it to Rick tees that are like 15" chest in a large...for me the problem was more that it was too large at the hips, so instead of stacking it just looked like a dress. I will probably go to town with some scissors at some point and see if it can be made any better, if you're a 46+ it's probably not an issue

3. jet

jet Senior member

wait til I come out with mine

1 person likes this.
  4. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Need to burn through vacation time and money.

5. 13k

13k Senior member

I'm 6'2 and I had to return a VTB (new ones) size small tank back. It was a bit roomy up top around the chest, but was really really long. Even after "stacks" it was way long. I'm not accustomed to the cock-flap tanks out there, but this wasn't very flattering on me at all.

The size small curved seam VTB shirt fits me really well, wish they had more. Will probably try one of there current offerings in the near future.

I too agree that Everlanes black and old slate colored shirts were really awesome. The "Scoop neck" shirts now aren't even very scoopy. One of my old first run pocket t's have more of a scoop/u-neck than the current offerings.

6. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

awesome, I have been avoiding buying those because the measurements are so ridiculously tiny. If they run huge I'll be ecstatic.

7. JayFS

JayFS Senior member

I have to agree with this, recently purchased their new j shape tees and I found that the chest to be much bigger then the measurements they gave. I'm around 5'7 and a size medium looks like a dress on me with little to no stacking at the waist.

However, they were nice to accommodate me with any tee of my choice after I bought something that was actually out of stock w/o any extra charges.

8. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

I'll never know what goes through someone's head when they take wildly incorrect measurements. Constant source of bewilderment yo

9. Pangolin

Pangolin Senior member

I suppose. Except for a trip in Sisteron when I was 6, I never liked the south east.
    You should check the south west of France, I always found it so much nicer and less crowded than the Côte d'Azur.

10. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

We will be taking multiple day trips from our base in Nice... so we'll try to hit a lot of the Southern coast.

2 people like this.
  11. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Yeah, me as well. That book's like crack. Going monthly, it's going to be a hard slog these next six years, waiting for the conclusion. :eh:

Best RP:

[​IMG]

Got this great-looking toj 2013, though it's a bit odd. (It must have belonged to some guy named Patrik Ervell, 2012, 'cause his name's sewn inside. :puzzled: )

2 people like this.
  12. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

For Training

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

My crack cocaine

[​IMG]

Maison Martin Margiela Hidden Placket/Pocket Dinner Shirts. Love the concept

[​IMG][​IMG]

4 people like this.
  13. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

What nike shirts are those?

14. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

The knit running shirts

15. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

Moo- just read your last post in that Euro thread... Best to keep the Mrs. happy, but most folk would shrug at Nice. Paris should make up for it. FYI we almost got killed in our plane taking off from Nice during a thunderstorm in late Oct. Couldn't even believe the airport was still open. Also, heard Absinthe Bar in Antibes was aight from a friend.

16. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

17. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

Sorry dood, spoke before I saw your other post. Don't want to disparage your choice. It'll be plenty fun.

18. zapatiste

zapatiste Senior member

persevering in trans-dimensional subconsciousness
    if u end up in gare du nord (or really any station, or anywhere in 18eme, i assume u not going up the 93 94 etc) chain your baggage to your body and avoid darkies

also those annd you got are so comfortable i would wear those everywhere (if tween hadn't stolen mine)

1 person likes this.
  19. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

[​IMG]

Purchased this awhile ago but never got the chance to post it.

2 people like this.
  20. colabear

colabear Senior member

Luv this MJ cardi...it's got intentional moth holes all over and a giant safety pin closure. I'm so ready for fall to punk/androgynous it like BradT :foo::slayer:
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.