• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zeemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
uniqlo x undercover FW2012 t-shirt from a japanese ebay-seller
("neu" means "new" in german)

mmm 10 "shadow print" t-shirt F/W 2011
was kind of a grail piece for me

dick ovens darkshadow geo pocket jersey hoodie

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
53pVv.jpg

Pre-shrunk. Is that a deadly sin?

I also tried RRL, which were really nice, but too wide in the waist (and sizing down was no option because of my football thighs :)). And KOI, very nicely made, nice details, but not a fit for me (straight legs, high rise).

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Harbin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

53pVv.jpg

Pre-shrunk. Is that a deadly sin?
I also tried RRL, which were really nice, but too wide in the waist (and sizing down was no option because of my football thighs :)). And KOI, very nicely made, nice details, but not a fit for me (straight legs, high rise).

Nice, from porter?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Wow I did not think you would buy a five zip Fuuma
How come you waited so long?

1) I wanted an old design (cut+hardware) and a rare size (44, I am a 46 but the 44s fit me better in this and several other MMM pieces where an oversized look does not work on me).
2) I wasn't actively looking for it, would stop at MMM shops around the world just in case and try on the 44-46 jackets and maybe look on ebay and sufu but not that often.
3) Set price I wanteds to pay at old retail from when I found MMM prices to still be ok so let's say $1400-1500 at most.
4) Wanted a new or at least mint jacket.
5) I had seen this one (the exact one I got) on the guy who bought it when we met at some fashion party. He decided it wasn't the fit he wanted (he likes a Diorish aesthetic), wanted to get it from him a couple months ago and we didn't settle on the right deal, I totally forgot about the jacket. Popped back by random chance so I finally closed the deal.
6) A quick look at my wardrobe shows this is my 4th leather and 16th piece of outerwear so it is definitely not filling some gap or something, I already have too much stuff.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Deerskin, silver riri zips.

FW06 - Might have been Asterix from sufu (maybe it's he that you are talking about now?) or the next person he sold it to - that jacket lingered on yahoo for over a year or more I think before he actually got it. It's a good jacket, just that it's a rare one-season iteration that nobody pulled the trigger on.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Post a fit pic! Does it fit true to size?

based on the measurements, looks to fit a little oversized

I believe that burgundy/navy SS knit fits similar to the Montana Shawl (for sale btw) I picked up from OC last season. Slightly oversized in design, but true to your standard Schneider sizing.

That's a nice looking piece.

Last edited:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

FW06 - Might have been Asterix from sufu (maybe it's he that you are talking about now?) or the next person he sold it to - that jacket lingered on yahoo for over a year or more I think before he actually got it. It's a good jacket, just that it's a rare one-season iteration that nobody pulled the trigger on.

Yeah, got it from Mike. Deerskin really has very little impact on the jacket aesthetic in that case to be honest, I have seen the same material (different thickness) really change how a pair of boots looks but for this it could have been a more common leather and no one would see the difference. I cannot really say if it is good or bad, just that the type of leather didn't really play a role in my decision although I generally like the characteristics of deerskin.

Those MMM leathers (his was mint which is ******* rare as Japanese just wear the stuff everyday for 12-24 months then resell their crap on Y!) sell for well over 2K but take a while to go.
He didn't sell it but barely worn it, I personally told him to keep it but since he was dead set on reselling I was sorta happy we could work something out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads