Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

Thanks man, saw those, they aren't bad but I think the rw look cleaner. I would've gotten the crepe sole ones but they sold out my size as well.

Uh what?
    I don't pay attention to the yohji thread, they just happened to be exactly what I was looking for. There aren't many similar things in the price range.

2. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

dunno what the price range is but you've got some nice, relatively expensive stuff in your wardrobe, and black derbies are probably quite a useful addition and would be justifiable to spend a bit on. So I've gotta ask, are they really exactly what you're looking for? Cos if they're not (which I presume, since you're debating on whether to keep) then maybe you could do better.

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Sounds like it might be a Journal Standard house brand. $420 is pretty out there for something like that....

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

So tempted to put wedge soles on my Jil Sander X Church's because I never wear them these days and they need a little sole maintenance anyway, but I am afraid of fucking up the welting and never being able to turn them leather soled again. I have some amazing cobblers around here but I still worry....

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I wouldn't do it. Put it this way. I had a pair of wedge soled boots MTO for FW11, and the only thing that was different from that already crowd was that it was a crepe sole, not a Christie sole. That trend has already hit its apex. Unless you have a very defined uniform and a silhouette that only gets adjusted by degrees from season to season, like me (I hate really slim shoes, so the chunkier sole worked for my silhouette) , it would be a wasted effort.

My latest purchases are totally in keeping with my uniform - Wings+Horns black jersey cardigan, and White Mountaineering belt (black, designed long for some tucking. Worn over a tee or a henley, with jeans and chuck like kicks, and you've pretty much pegged me for spring.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

wedge soles on dress shoes? did i miss a trend?

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Yes. "Dress shoes" is such a constrictive term. Usually brogues, but often captoes, and lots of brogue boots or other "country" boots.

8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

boots i've seen but not dress shoes

9. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

On here it is, hah. Sometimes I'll refer to brogues or derbies or, god forbid, balmorals when talking to someone who isn't into clothes and they have no idea what I'm talking about. They're like, "Oh, you mean dress shoes." If it's leather and it's not a sneaker or a boot, it's apparently a dress shoe.

10. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

that's fair. they are exactly what i was looking for, it's just a different look for me so i'm getting used to it. if it works out maybe i'll invest in something better down the line.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

played around with them a bit more. i like em for what i'm going for. (disclaimer: pants aren't hemmed yet).

11. Del-Toro

Del-Toro Senior member

Margiela trainers in brown leather/ brown mesh and I broke down and picked up the 4s. I hope the new iPhone 5 sucks!
    [​IMG]

12. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

whatever456 ?

13. zissou

zissou Senior member

14. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

A bunch of workout supplements. Time to get back in shape :slayer:

15. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

drew don't do it. it would be cool, but those church jils are already pretty rare. do what you want, but if i were you i'd just grab some other shoe to puta crazy sole on, and keep the jil x churchs as they are.