Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Now I've gotten 3 different answers. Mr. porter doesn't stock so I can't even try that :(

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

Not real recent but I promised a pic and didn't post

[​IMG]

vass burgundy

Last edited: May 2, 2012

3. quantumjazz

quantumjazz New Member

MMM white OG gats and an olive APC waxed cotton hunting jacket.

4. istasi

istasi Senior member

[​IMG]

Couldn't risk them going out of stock in my size.

5. habitant

habitant Senior member

They sell those at regular grocery store dude.. 35 cents a pack.

6. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

+1

Stop fucking instrumentalizing everything and everyone. I am sure some of you 4.7 gpas studying for a graduate degree in awesome (everyone here) will do fine but if you do actually think I am interesting (or that LAguy is interesting) you have to understand that it is not because we are older, it is because we care for (certain) topics in themselves, without having some sort of "get me a fucking medal" motivation for it. I know this sounds alien nowadays but that is the only way you won't be a dead-inside 30-something who has a good job and absolutely nothing interesting going on in their lives (except a bigger place and nicer car).

Last edited: May 2, 2012

7. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

I find that despite some shallow people (they are everywhere), our generation is more concerned with having a fulfilling lifestyle as opposed to living a safe life and working with a comfortable paycheck. I know by working for a startup I make less than my friend in investment banking, but I am also sent to different countries for work that I never even imagined I would visit. The experiences I have had in just the last 3 months don't even compare to working 120 hours a week and slaving away for a paycheck. I'm not here to start a debate because everybody is different and my friend, for example, believes that his place is in investment banking. I do believe that everybody has potential to do a lot outside of there current skillset but it boils down to finding some sort of personal satisfaction in the way your life functions. It might be something that changes as you get older, I know I was pretty stuck on hitting an x amount salary but then a lot more factors than pay are important to me right now.

8. Alphataru

Alphataru Senior member

This is the stuff I'm talking about. If we're gonna eat unhealthy, might as well go balls out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Btw, I agree that you definitely need to try on shoes before you buy. People keep telling me to size down for CP, yet I find that my regular size fits just fine in CP. In fact, they're a bit more narrow than normal stuff in my size.

9. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

10. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I have one of those corporate jobs with a decent paycheck it feels like everyone's after (why?). It sucks. I'm basically tossing money into a bank account until I can move somewhere cool and make a living bartending or something [​IMG].

Most people seem to have few goals beyond getting a good job or career, it's fucking weird.

11. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

12. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Don't really have anything in common with anyone, people here seem interested in sports, cars, and I think a couple play video games, and that's it. I don't like sports or cars, video games are ok but I haven't played one in ages... Most seem really two-dimensional and that's largely been my experience working in corporate environments.

Maybe I'm just bad at relating to people at work though idk.

Oh also it's hard to feel super fulfilled working for the glory of the corporation I'd rather be somewhere much smaller or at a nonprofit.

Last edited: May 3, 2012

13. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Did you not anticipate this going in? Do you you and your cohort at least share an interest in your chosen field? (I dunno, just curious...)

14. Swiss

Swiss Senior member

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2012

15. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Yeah, I did, I just got out of college a year ago so I just grabbed a job even though it wasn't really what I was necessarily looking for. It's not in my field. I should probably specify that I don't hate it or anything (which is totally how I made it sound), I just couldn't be doing it a year down the road or anything I don't think, especially since it's not really in a location I want to be in (suburbs).

My point was that a lot of people seem to aim for a job like the one I have and that's all they want, then they buy a car, a house, etc...