• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sipang, do a fit pic! Even if it's just like, your outfit piece by piece. You sell cool **** so I wanna see what you actually keep.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Lol by top poster I just meant I spend way more time on here than I should (over 3,000 posts, when the **** did that happen?!).
I know there are a lot of styles I should never even attempt but can still appreciate. Still trying to carve out my own niche though, beyond "high end, vaguely japanese inspired streetwear that can be mistaken for clothing 1/8 of its price."

Am I the resident expert on wearing thousands of dollars worth of designer clothes yet managing to look like I can't take care of myself?

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Am I the resident expert on wearing thousands of dollars worth of designer clothes yet managing to look like I can't take care of myself?

Haha absolutely, but you have a great style nevertheless

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kind of think that constructing your entire wardrobe around one single idea is a bit artificial. I just buy the things that appeal to me, and my wardrobe eventually comes to encompass my tastes well without having to put thought into a certain image that I want to project. Then, I just wear the clothes that I feel like wearing every day :teach:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I kind of think that constructing your entire wardrobe around one single idea is a bit artificial. I just buy the things that appeal to me, and my wardrobe eventually comes to encompass my tastes well without having to put thought into a certain image that I want to project. Then, I just wear the clothes that I feel like wearing every day :teach:

I like this attitude a lot

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've tried this but I like too many different things. I'm trying to narrow down a bit more now.

Also I bought this:

sarti cashmere/silk

Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IIRC that scarf would looks pretty badass with that fit you posted with your EG blazer.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw taht scarf, looked awesome. Someone should kop the UC cape/scarf thing

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IIRC that scarf would looks pretty badass with that fit you posted with your EG blazer.

Yeah, I bought it with the intention to wear it with my EG blazer or ToJ.

[QUOTE name="p^4]"will be expecting pic with ZamB hemp pants and Sarti scarf"[/QUOTE]

You'll probably have to wait a while... it's getting pretty hot here.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I take this brute force approach to "style" too (More like consumerism at least for me). I just buy anything I like and eventually I have enough of a pool that some things will have synergy with other things.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once you've figured out what you really like (= time + exposure), it becomes easier because as lmaozedong said it'll eventually all fall into place even if your tastes are pretty eclectic and you'll even discover ways of pairing stuff that might not have occured to you before (yay). When you're still toe-dipping around it can feel a bit overwhelming because you get the impression that all those aesthetics are exclusive of each other and that you need to stick with one or start selling your body so you can afford multiple wardrobes.

Sipang, do a fit pic!  Even if it's just like, your outfit piece by piece.  You sell cool **** so I wanna see what you actually keep.

That sounds soo wrong.

(p4 knows what's up)

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dress like an American male white collar with billowing shirts and sweaters by day,
grungy untucked shirts and combats boots by night

dgaf

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
6900137124_b57b4d402d_c.jpg

schneider jacket. thanks tog.

6351578468_36d0814592.jpg

alden x epaulet, also off the forums.

is my style incongruous?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads