Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Wat. I remember buying $200 used out of print textbooks and "you're an engineer, here's a 25 page lab report due the day after Valentine's day".

Recent Purchase: Raf Patent Vandals

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  2. Lane

Lane Senior member

where is the hard work part in this? not hating on dmash, but just saying...

bows, you always argue against points I never made like an ass. Why would I complain about people working hard getting better grades? I know im not gonna get teger on my side cuz of where he sits in this debate, but its bothersome that one can get special privileges cuz you buddy buddy with your professor/boss/etc but yah thats the rules of the game and I accept that. Just wanted to say how lame that is though.

3. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

Recent Purchase: Picked these up at Jeffrey yesterday. kind of over my NB and I wanted something baller-er

[​IMG]

4. tween_spirit

I think what everyone is saying, at least what I'm saying, is "work smarter, not harder." This is the one thing I took out of school above all else, probably.

5. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I'm waiting for the sound of the UPS truck so I can get this shit back on track (working from home today [​IMG]).

Why the hell did Miran get banned? :/

6. Lane

Lane Senior member

whats jeffreys selection like for rick and julius? I never go cuz I end up doing other stuff, but wanna check that store out. People have mentioned an abundance of graphic ts so I never actually took the plunge.

7. snake

snake Senior member

oh? explain

8. tween_spirit

It's pretty tame and conservative these days, I think because it just isn't as popular as it used to be. Ann D. selection is small and this season is largely graphic tees but they have some nice sandals. They also got those awesome rabbit fur lined Rick sneakers last year that I wanted so bad but have no way to wear.

For other people: their Dries buy is good (not as good as Bergdorf) and they have a nice selection of Marni if you want to get that 70's thing going.

They get a few pieces of CdG H+ but it's all the same as everyone else; they get the most boring of the Junya. Straightforward Thom Browne stuff (but a good selection of sunglasses)

Some cool Prada pieces, the typical Balmain, and some REALLY nice Lanvin this spring.

They also take a few (much appreciated) risks on things like miharayasuhiro, occasionally some mastermind japan, they've had Undercover for years, albeit a very small buy.

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

i agree making friends with the professor is very important, in fact the students that still have the mind set of us vs them (teachers) are the ones that have a hard time in school, if you just give professors a break and show you are professional and get work done, most of them have no problem giving you decent grade, i got saved a few times because i showed extra effort

i saw so many ppl just not do the work and sink, i had a guy email me from last semester asking me for homework from a class, mind you i graduated and dont associate with this guy at all, but i didnt give him the hw because i spent hours in study groups writing code and learning, this guy had a chance to show up but didnt and now wants a freebie, sorry that not life, figure it out, in the real world no one will do your work for you

yea lane that does suck at times, some bosses/teachers are smart enough not to pay attention to the sucks ups and promote the right people but then again you dont want the weird quiet guy from the back of the room that never talks to anyone getting the promotion either, there is a healthy middle ground, one should always try to have a balance to be successful

sorry back to recent purchases, i found the convo interesting and wanted to weigh in (just finished my BS and moving to MS soon)

10. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

their Dries buy is good. agree on the Lanvin too. some really awesome pieces in there. I always think it's funny wandering through there and then seeing a bunch of BoO. Seems out of place (I say having just purchased a BoO blazer).

lane and whoever else, you should check out Hotoveli on W. 4th too. They have some really nice pieces in. They had a Damir blazer last season that I would go in and drool over, but it was a few thousand out of my price range. one day I'll get there...

11. tween_spirit

[​IMG]

I want this hat so bad. Do you think I could pull it off?

edit: would be wearing with these which I'll be getting soon [​IMG]

12. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

yes

but not with those Chanel sneakers :crazy:

13. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

yeah, dude. go for it. that's the hat it seems shah and jet have both been looking for too.

14. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

I think it was because he kept posting about his daily lunches in the WAYWT thread.

15. tween_spirit