1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Razele

Razele Senior member

Im going to start using MyTailor.com after hearing alot of good things about it.

They also have Thomas Mason which I like. Want about 10-12 shirts. Mostly white / blue.

2. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Im going to start using MyTailor.com after hearing alot of good things about it.

They also have Thomas Mason which I like. Want about 10-12 shirts. Mostly white / blue.

i like tailorstore cos you can alter the armhole size. which i couldn't figure out how to do on mytailor.

3. Razele

Razele Senior member

Most e-tailors will be pretty happy to take additional measurements like that if you either add it in the 'additional notes' page or send them an email.

4. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Most suits look pretty bad with that kinda crappy flash photography. I would love some classic Jil suiting, and that is the cut I will be shooting for with my MTM / bespoke.
    Yeah I like Jil suits too which is why I'm goading him into posting a fit pic, wanna see how that stuff looks pretty badly. Getting a red/white stripe button down shirt made up, should be done just in time for July 4th.
    I have photography skills of a 3rd grader. The suit is bad ass. It is not 100% wool which I had reservations at first but the material is extremely nice. It looks a bit off since the sleeves need to be tailored down about 2.5" inches. Also, my suit hangers don't lay very nice when i hang stuff like that to show off the internetz my kopping power. It looks billowed out some. Once I get it tailored I'll throw up a pic.

5. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Really?? People are always posting these MyTailor fit pics over on the MC forum, but the majority of them look really off. Even the ones that were measured "in person" by MyTailor staff don't seem to fit that great and look overly generic. I suspect you're likely better off purchasing a less generic looking designer shirt that fits reasonably well and then having it tailored locally.

6. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Why not just go with TOJ? I want to see more shirt pics :p

7. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Really?? People are always posting these MyTailor fit pics over on the MC forum, but the majority of them look really off. Even the ones that were measured "in person" by MyTailor staff don't seem to fit that great and look overly generic. I suspect you're likely better off purchasing a less generic looking designer shirt that fits reasonably well and then having it tailored locally.
    I think they like the idea of saying "i have a custom shirt" despite most the time them not looking very good

8. APK

APK Senior member

I think they like the idea of saying "i have really expensive clothes" despite most the time them not looking very good

Corrected.

9. robin

robin Senior member

New webbing belt, just in time for the 4th. [​IMG]

10. jet

jet Senior member

11. robin

robin Senior member

I knew you'd like that one.

12. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

13. Razele

Razele Senior member

That's the fit they want. Same with Jantzen or any tailor you need to work on the fit.

The problem for me is the shoulders plus neck on me is wack for everything else, so I have to size up to fot neck and shoulders but it doesn't fit arms or anything else.

I've worked with two other tailors to get slim cut SW&D shirting so I don't mind doing it again. Thomas Mason is really nice.

MC is not representative of tailoring - only representative of thier chosen style. PG shirts are cut slim - even his Jantzen.

14. BB1

BB1 Senior member

MC is not representative of tailoring - only representative of thier chosen style. PG shirts are cut slim - even his Jantzen.
    True enough. Still, I find it depressing how the the only good fits you see of these shirts appeared to require a LOT of effort on the part of the purchaser-- sending the shirts back multiple times, purposely quoting smaller dimensions than what is actually desired, etc. I suppose if you require a large collection of plain looking button downs for work, the custom route might be an ok option. I've never been in this situation myself, so I don't have much experience here-- I only wore a button down twice in the last year.
    I think they like the idea of saying "i have a custom shirt" despite most the time them not looking very good
    Yeah, I've noticed it's often noobs on MC who are posting their MyTailor and Jantzen fits as if they have just entered into some kind of elite "bespoke" club. Sometimes I think I only visit MC just to see this and laugh.

15. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

My "custom" shirts are fine, though not perfect. I prefer BoO for casual button-downs but all my dressier fits use mtm shirts. Then again I am a true 44 so nothing looks good OTR yet. If jantzen had a system where you could give them measurements you want the shirt to be, instead of your body measurements, it'd be a really, really good value.

16. yleb33

yleb33 Member

Wow that's all SO awesome.

co sign, i really like the blu leather jacket, nice pick ups....[​IMG]

17. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

SUCK MY DICK I AM STILL AT WORK AFTER 16 HOURS, SUP NEW WIN ON YJP.

[​IMG]

18. scribbles

scribbles Senior member

E Strand in Walnut
    [​IMG]

AE McCallisters in Merlot
    [​IMG]

Cole Haan Saddles (wasn't planning on them, but at like 65% off they were an awesome buy)
    [​IMG]

19. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

[​IMG]

My favorite (and only real) pickup of this season.

20. Razele

Razele Senior member