1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

2. Teger

Teger Senior member

you should do a warby parker free try on with these frames (in whatever color you like!):

http://www.warbyparker.com/men/optical/crane-mallard-green-m

http://www.warbyparker.com/men/optical/mens-eyewear-winston-eyeglass-frame-old-fashioned-fade

http://www.warbyparker.com/men/optical/gladstone-brushed-granite-m

http://www.warbyparker.com/men/optical/mens-eyewear-sinclair-eyeglass-frame-burgundy

3. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

mikey's head looks pretty small. i don't think he should look at anything larger than a 50

4. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

lol my head is huge.

5. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

join me in the oversized glasses club.

we serve pie on Wednesdays :)

6. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

huge for someone who's 5'2" or huge in general? because my face looks like it's bigger than yours and even i don't wear past a 52.

7. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

Current season? Do they still have the suicide rise and weirdly large thigh:hem ratio?

8. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

i have no idea. i think huge in general.

i mean, this fit pic illustrates it well.

9. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

FWIW, I tried on the constellation blazer in a 48 (roughly TTS), and I'm pretty sure it was the correct size since the shoulders were dead-on. I didn't have any problem getting my arms through the armholes, although I admittedly have kinda twiggy arms. I ended up returning it even though I thought it was a cool piece because it fit like shit on me; massive gapping at the neck and somehow at the chest, but it still managed to pull a tiny bit at the chest before going all boxy-looking at the waist.

The whole thing makes me wary of OL suiting, which sucks because I really like the look of their midnight sheep jacket or whatever it's called, the flecked one from this F/W. :confused:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013

10. Front Rise - 9.25"
    Back Rise - 13.5"
    Thigh - 11"
    Hem - 6.5"

No idea what season, I'd guess current though. Cut is Detroit and color is pearl.

2 people like this.
  11. BB1

BB1 Senior member

I've often thought the same thing myself. The resemblance is vague, but to American eyes it's definitely there. I'll go even further and say that many of the designs from European sneaker brands fall into the bowling shoe camp-- e.g. Ecco, Camper, etc. By contrast most American sneakers are unapologetically sporty. Somehow in the European quest to make more "sophisticated" sneakers by removing the overt sportiness, the bowling shoe has a tendency to appear.

The safer route is to design sneakers which are more minimalist, like what Common Projects has done.

12. DesignerValet

DesignerValet Senior member

Glasses are too personal to solicit anyone's opinion other than your own. Mine are blue Pradas; they sound terrible, and I myself would caution against getting them if someone had asked me. But they work on my pale skin, and are more versatile than brown. Buy what you like and not what teh internetz think is cool this week.

2 people like this.
  13. BB1

BB1 Senior member

I have a pair of Detroits from a couple seasons ago and while I've never bothered to measure them, your thigh vs. hem measurement look about right. The taper from the thigh to bottom hem is so excessive that I cannot wear them. They are made for someone muscular who wants the semblance of skinny jeans. If you're actually skinny, I would avoid them.

Also, quality is not very good. I've worn mine only a couple times and there's already stitching that's pulling apart on the seams.

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

Not staying warm enough on ski days.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. I like how they fit, but that last part has me worried now. Luckily I haven't taken any tags off yet.

16. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

I have a pair of berlins? I think - bought them used off sufu for like $20 in some guys closet cleanout, so sans tags - and they've the weirdest cut I've ever seen, and more in a poplin than a denim. Thigh measures something like 10", rise is 8", back pockets are hilariously tiny, but then the hem is 7.3" or something. Put me off Rick pants for the longest time.

Have only worn them ten times or so, but quality is what I would expect from Dick; hems coming undone, but major seams and stuff in decent shape.

17. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

tiny back pockets and 8 inch rise sound like women's jeans.

18. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

They're definitely from his men's line, Rick pockets are just weird:

[​IMG]img>

19. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

i've noticed a lot of drkshdw that show up in sales threads on sufu and sz are considered mistagged. are you sure that wasn't the case with these?

20. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

Positive, since I've handled the women's cuts as well and they're completely different and even shorter. I think it's just an issue with how he scales the patterns down to babysizes, or a mistake made on my pair.