1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. jet

jet Senior member

i dunno i just find his/that aesthetic so tired, none of that shit interests me I feel it's past its expiration date

2 people like this.
  2. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Ole man jet tired of the kids and their ninja fad :)

3. tomee

tomee Senior member

was that bought from transatlantic.co.uk?

want to buy a jacket but never purchased from them

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  4. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

:hide:
    :uhoh:

Not a t-shirt (and therefore probably going back):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  5. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

I feel you. I tend to like a lot of sz-leaning stuff because I appreciate the process/treatments/construction (and i've always been a bit of a closet goth-type :embar:). The more time i spend browsing over there though the more it all starts to blur together and feel tired. I like zam's work because most of it is wearable and easy to mix with other stuff. I don't feel the need to buy raw denimz or chinos so I can get pants from him that are more interesting and throw in some geller/plokhov/uniqlo/whatever without having go full on ninja. I'm sure I'd get crucified if I posted a fit over there but I'm not really interested in fitting into that mold. That's why I prefer SF on a whole actually, I think there's more creativity here.

disclaimer: i don't mean to generalize, there are some incredibly creative people there.
    also, while it's fun to mix, i would have no problem dressing head to toe in zb.

1 person likes this.
  6. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

A lot of Zamb's stuff looks like he mashed MA+ and CCP and a couple other design concepts together, but it's not like that doesn't work (it's just not very original) and it's pretty affordable and he's a nice guy.

7. artishard116

^this is a bit narrow-minded. sure all these brands fall into the same niche but when you've seen/handled a whole collection of his up close, you find plenty of things that don't fit with either of those examples. his fabric choices alone are enough to differentiate in my opinion. i'll quit cluttering this thread but suffice to say that if you're at all interested in the aesthetic you'll want to pay attention to what he's working on.

8. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

FFS that NN thing is a dress

9. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

I find them all to be pretty darn similar. They all sort of have their signnture items/design flairs. Personally I like Zam's stuff a lot more. More of it is made in my size and the materials are cooler. He has a really cool grey marl/spalted/whatever long sleeve glove hoodie. Very nice.

10. the shah

the shah Senior member

aside from maybe scar & over stitching or garment dyed which are just techniques, it's not really the same at all. it can compliment such things, but as Art says it helps to have handled these different collections. i mean there's nothing in any ccp collection i've seen that reminded me of zam stuff ..

2 people like this.
  11. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I haven't handled either, so you may be right. I just think Zamb's a little like Geller in that there is no real overarching aesthetic yet... nice individual pieces but they don't always mesh, and some of the stuff is pretty clearly derivative.

Like I said though that's not really a black mark against him, there's certain zamb stuff that I'd consider buying.

12. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

are you retarded? it's not even that long

13. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Brand is surplus raw vintage, theyre sold all over the place in the uk. Had to order from overseas, have a medium and large getting shipped over here to judge for size. If you are stateside and don't want to order overseas, and think you might be M or L let me know since I will sell one.

14. artishard116

geller- no overarching aesthetic?? agree to disagree for the sake of this thread, haha.

1 person likes this.
  15. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

would be long enough if you wear it :lol:

16. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

You do realise he's over 6 foot tall?

17. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

being 6 foot tall doesn't mean he can randomly say i'm retarded.

18. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

fwiw I used to think this, a lot of Zam's early stuff felt very "design school project" to me. Obviously I don't have the experience that artishard does, but it seems like he's gotten much better in that regard.

1 person likes this.
  19. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Yup I've bought pants and pieces from him for a couple of years and his stuff is consistently evolving. Echoing artishard's sentiment it's hard for me to think about buying any other goth ninja-ish pants than Zam's because of the price for what you get in terms of design/construction/treatments and fabric.

I also really like his Echnadh and Faulted Shoulder Pattern for long sleeves. Have a couple great jackets and a leather shirt from him as well. The leather shirt was steamed for 24 hrs so it's a metallic grey that's slightly shimmery, pretty neat.

1 person likes this.
  20. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

what this exchange doesn't make any sense

(also i'm about 5'10")