Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Drop shoulders like that aren't uncommon in traditional knitting, you'll see them on a lot of aran sweaters. Ute Ploier is pretty cool, first heard about it in that "If you like X you might like..." thread. I miss that thread.

2. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

oh I didn't miss it. I'm trying to convince you that it's really (at least part of) why you don't like it :)

3. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

then that would fail to explain why i like such a large variety of fits on here, sz, sufu, etc.
    from jet's absurd jil flower shirt fit with oversized shades off the unbuttoned top to superslimjim artishard to asobu's all-yohji to christian's ccp suits to steveofice's office attire with black shoes black trousers white shirt, tween's cork jacket and bright red sneakers, none of which i can ever create with my wardrobe. this encompasses a huge array of different aesthetics, colors, volumes, casual<--->conservative spectrum, and so on and so forth.

this piece is, beyond the scope of my likes and dislikes, inherently bad.i haven't seen a single fit i can say would not look better with a different knit in its place, nor can i imagine how it would look good that that bit is probably due to my weak imagination. perhaps in a commercial for this
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012

4. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

See, you're saying not only do you not like it, but that it is a bad piece. I don't like your drappy ill fitting terrorist look, but I won't say it is inherently bad, simply that it is not to my liking.

Anyway...we can all argue this till the cows come home. Someone post some purchases.

5. Platypus

Platypus Affiliate Vendor

I believed she (Ute) worked for Raf as well, but one of her assistants told me that is not the case. Their paths crossed at school (can't remember how), but that is all apparently.

Also [begin shameless self-promotion] I'm one of two North American stockists for Ute Ploier SS12 and the collection is fantastic [end shameless self-promotion].

6. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

^Is the other Assembly? I believe I saw an Ute Ploier piece there last time I stopped in. Also, how do you pronounce the last name? :embar: I am very curious about the collection.

7. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

^ Cool to hear about your store, you seem to have picked some brands without wide distribution that really work together.

8. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

time to switch gears, enough about colors. gdl203, bows, this is your chance ! :D

not sure on this piece, the construction is great, fabric goes without saying, wool is incredibly soft and contrasts well with the rest. peekaboo lining isn't overwhelming but adds a nice touch. raw seems on back and sleeves aren't exaggerated but noticeable if you keep an eye out for such deviance. would be interested in some feedback :eek:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Johan

Johan Well-Known Member

I'm located in France, but I'm looking forward to your webstore. :)

Believe it or not but even in Europe, stockists for Ute Ploier, Petar Petrov or Stephan Schneider are very rare. Actually I cant think of any french store carrying Ute Ploier (which is crazy since she's showing at Paris !).

10. Platypus

Platypus Affiliate Vendor

Pickpack...: Assembly NY is indeed the other stockist. I'm not fully confident about the pronunciation (I actually asked last time, but I have a suspicion I'm saying it wrong anyways). I'll ask again next time.

AFL: Thanks!

Johan: Thanks. And yeah, those brands are a natural fit IMO. Even though European stockists may be limited there are fewer still in North America.

11. sipang

sipang Senior member

12. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

13. bwahahahaha

bwahahahaha Senior member

Can't wait until your webstore is up and running Platypus. More Ute, Petrov, and Schneider in North America is certianly a good thing. If you stock size 3 in Schneider you'll be my hero.

14. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Crosspost from leather jackets:

[​IMG]

Visvim strabler

Just a schott with better fit, hardware, and leather
    Dark brown vegetable-tanned calfskin, not too thick, though. Riri zips.

Still a little stiff because it's not broken in
    Will look good beat up, I think

15. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

He is our size so he will definitely be carrying it.