• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are awkward poor quality fit pics of new items.

Please comment on fit of new items.

(1) Sweater

ljuvq.jpg

Pic of new sweater with coat I have had for a while.

MmffE.jpg

(2) Blue Jacket

YEI1A.jpg

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know a few here have that raf sweater but I can't get behind it. The pattern and and lack of ribbing is what's bothering me I think.

Last edited:

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i hate to say it but the sweater's fit is exceedingly slim, at least for my tastes.

bomber is sorta generic for an expensive Balenciaga jacket. makes me think marc jacobs for some reason

Last edited:

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sweater looks good / is fine, although some ppl disagree with the lack of ribbing i think it looks good especially in your jacket pic. however, the bomber really isn't doing it for me, either size up or get it in black and size up.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweater looks really good with the coat, by itself makes you look a little lumpy. I think to pull off the sweater alone you really need to have the body of a model.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh my, a hat. Haven't worn one since my childhood. But my growing forehead is asking for one...

mutsensokken.jpg

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get the lack of ribbing being a point against the sweater, everyone says that but who cares abut ribbing? Anyways, the sweater does look a bit slim and gives you an hourglass look. However! It does look great under that jacket, which how I normally wear mine.

its so comfy isn't it

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Resisted copping this the last couple times it popped up on Gilt, but I relented today:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
every time i see that sweater my dislike for it grows

sexonfabric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't get the lack of ribbing being a point against the sweater, everyone says that but who cares abut ribbing? Anyways, the sweater does look a bit slim and gives you an hourglass look. However! It does look great under that jacket, which how I normally wear mine.
its so comfy isn't it

Don't think anyone would have noticed the ribbing had you not mentioned it and provided a zoomed picture. It's a complete non issue!!

It's very comfortable despite how slim it is, you're right.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
how could anyone not notice ; start from neck, it's an ugly pattern goig down down down down then abruptly ends *phew*

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I wake up at night gasping for air thinking about the Raf ribbingless sweater. Its fairislesque expanse bound by no limits creeps and crawls into my mind and fills me with deep dread and foreboding.

A malign and particular suspension or defeat of those fixed laws of Nature which are our only safeguard against the assaults of chaos and the daemons of unplumbed space.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics