Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

The DBSS looks too much like snow boots. Reminds me of when Pharrell wore these Nike snow boots. Almost the same silhouette, different colors.
    [​IMG]

2. atuhsad

atuhsad Senior member

Proj. No. 8 doesn't seem to be answering their phones. .. do you know if they had a full run of sizes available?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, do you know what they were charging? Schneider outside of Europe seems to cost quite a bit more (which is why I guess Tres Bien is sold out)

Project No 8 is actually closed on Monday. I am not sure of what sizing they had available, but I stopped in yesterday to pick up the pants (I purchased the jacket a few weeks ago) and they had quite a bit in stock (jacket and pants).

The pants were 322 and jacket 630. I would say given the below, it is very comparable to Tres Bien prices.

Keep in Mind that US stockist have to pay import duties on their clothing which is reflected in the cost, and, depending on your luck, you may get hit with customs when ordering from Tres Bien. Also, the dollar got a little stronger the past few days due to the Europe Debt Crisis and volitility in the markets as investors again looked to the US treasuries for safety. The prices on Tres Bien in USD are the lowest I have seen them in a long time (possibly ever) as the prices in USD fluctuate daily on the site whereas US stores would have set their prices months ago. If US retailers have yet to pay the brands for the clothing, the US retailer looks to make out given current exchange rates.

3. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Thanks a lot for the information, appreciate it

4. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Never been hit with customs from TBS, but 950 for a SS suit doesn't seem overpriced by any stretch of the imagination.

5. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

It is a nice little store, their house brand is also pretty good, they had an orange suit that sorta looked like a MMM cut and looked pretty good on me, I should have purchased it...

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

They cool peeps too, very friendly.

7. atuhsad

atuhsad Senior member

It is a nice little store, their house brand is also pretty good, they had an orange suit that sorta looked like a MMM cut and looked pretty good on me, I should have purchased it...

they actually still have the orange suit available as of yesterday; it is a lovely fabric. Wish that i would have a place to wear it otherwise i would strongly consider purchasing.

The same people that make BoO and R&B Suits (thier higher end anyways) . . .martin & Greenfield in Brooklyn I think or something to that effect(?) . . . make their in house line of suits - Various Projects. Considering the price of the BoO and R&B suits (roughly 2k), the fact that their in house runs at about a grand or so is a great price. They will be getting their summer suiting in 3 weeks or so.

8. atuhsad

atuhsad Senior member

They cool peeps too, very friendly.

Without a doubt, they have the best service of any store that I have been to in the city. Whether browsing or buying, very nice people and very responsive via email with any questions as well.

9. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

The DBSS looks too much like snow boots. Reminds me of when Pharrell wore these Nike snow boots. Almost the same silhouette, different colors. [​IMG]
    Pharrell makes ballers look like plebes,

10. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

The same people that make BoO and R&B Suits (thier higher end anyways) . . .martin & Greenfield in Brooklyn I think or something to that effect(?) . . . make their in house line of suits - Various Projects. Considering the price of the BoO and R&B suits (roughly 2k), the fact that their in house runs at about a grand or so is a great price. They will be getting their summer suiting in 3 weeks or so.
    Close, Martin Greenfield, one guy. FUCK I hate trying to embed Vimeo. Really great video.

11. Meis

Meis Senior member

The shirt is a Gant, and is quite different from what I usually spring for, but change is good, right? It has an almost 50s sort of aesthetic. Hoping for slimness out of what doesn't seem a slim brand.

the slimness depends on which Gant line its from... if its from one of the more 'old guy' lines of gant then yeah, you're probably outta luck...but if its from rugger it could be decently slim

12. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

13. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Inverted pentagram, the international sign for tool

14. DesignerValet

DesignerValet Senior member

They sell drkshdw at Hot Topic? [​IMG]

15. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Inverted pentagram, the international sign for tool
    I didn't even know what this sign meant when I bought. [​IMG] I just wanted a longer drapey tee, and color is good with my polar bear complexion. All my alt app and target tees feel like shit now.