1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

[​IMG]

Retired Filson Rucksack cause I found one of these. More clean/simple/me

[​IMG]

Also Pre-ordered a Grove Bamboo back (handmade in Portland) for the iphone 5, apparently thats what it will probably look like

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  2. the shah

the shah Senior member

YYPH 60/40 wool cotton bluish-grey suit​
    Thanks to Mr Synthese [​IMG]
    [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)][​IMG][/background]
    [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)][​IMG][/background] [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)][​IMG][/background] [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)][​IMG][/background] [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)][​IMG][/background] [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)][​IMG][/background] [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)][​IMG][/background] [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)][​IMG][/background] [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)][​IMG][/background] [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)][​IMG][/background] [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)][​IMG][/background] [background=rgb(24, 24, 23)]/i.imgur.com/DZQeNh.jpg"]http://i.imgur.com/DZQeNh.jpg" style="color: rgb(78, 118, 201); text-decoration: initial;">[​IMG][/background]
    [/URL]

8 people like this.
  3. 42LONG

42LONG Senior member

Regis

My gf bought me one of these Grove cases for my iphone 4 and although it looked awesome, it cracked to pieces after two drops. Good luck

4. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

Better have some nice shoes to go with this! :slayer::slayer:[/URL]

5. winston86dit

winston86dit Senior member

Rarity, exclusivity, fabric, treatment, detailing, difficult pattern work, zips, etc. etc.

All the Balmain jeans are made in Japan and are of high quality. Do they cost $250 to manufacture? Maybe, maybe not. But the same logic you speak can be used for pretty much any designer item out there. I personally think that Rick Owens' sneakers are too high for something with so many quality issues but I can see the appeal. Because the biggest thing you're paying for, is the design. You just have to consider if that design is worth the amount being asked.

I too have a few of their jeans. None of the moto versions as the fit is something I cannot get into as much but the slim 18cm jeans are fantastic. Best fitting jeans I own, hands down.

6. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Yeah I've had one on my 4 and 4S, its more of a cosmetic thing, you drop it and its over. They now have a nice replacement service in case you break it, 40% off I think.

7. DLester

DLester Senior member

Are we ever going to see fit pics of any of these Balmains floating around out there? There have only been two pairs I have seen on SF: one was SoCal's insane pair of yellow motos which I coveted but could never have worn, and the other was nicelynice's, which I didn't care for.

8. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

peter pan gloves

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  9. spacepope

spacepope Senior member

Was thinking about those. Also kind of like that military blanket coat that's on their SZ sale thread... Lemme know how they turn out.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. fireflygrave

fireflygrave Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also got a YYPH deconstructed 3 button blazer, which I haven't taken a good picture of yet. Black YYPH hakamas and a TOJ MDR in ivory on the way!

4 people like this.
  11. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Sounds like great buys.
    Would be cool to see a fit pic when you get it [​IMG]

12. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. colabear

colabear Senior member

That common projects duck boots is nice

14. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

^I agree wish I hadn't let them slip away for cheap.

On the other hand who ever made those wool redwing copies should be punished for a crimes against humanity. [​IMG]

15. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

The CP ducks were nice in the navy colorway. The rest aren't anything to lust after.

16. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Justify to an individual? Desire and appreciation. Even if something was worth its exact manufacturing price it wouldnt mean that it its still justifiable. The ps3 is a great example of something that even though it was initially sold at a loss, was not desired or appreciated by plenty of consumers. If you want it bad enough, because it taps into some aspect of your psyche, you will buy it. In this case its all those things outlined above.

Justify in terms of their own pricing economics? same thing pretty much as above but more so that there exist atleast one person in the above category that also can afford it.

For a long time I did not understand why people paid butt loads of money for original paintings. I mean if anything there is less of an argument for the original work in that case. You can just get a replica and it pretty much is the same thing since fabric quality etc etc aren't really a factor. However there seems to be more esteem for collecting paintings than clothing. I think the snootiness is somewhat arbitrary.

17. Nil

Nil Senior member

If you ever lust after duck boots, you have your priorities all messed up.

4 people like this.
  18. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I got two of the Baies white candles last weekend too. Now I don't really need them because I turned the A/C off and the windows are open again. :(

19. MonsieurLock

MonsieurLock Senior member

I just got this last week. The photos aren't that great.

WWM Cincinnati jacket

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and I know this isn't where it belongs, but here is another recent purchase. haha.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. jet

jet Senior member

size 30 apc ns came in and too fucking small, they must have changed the sizing because my 31s are too big wtf jean? now i gotta sell and try again