• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
img57743534.jpg

wait is this the right thread to post recent purchases?

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i believe you told someone the same thing on another threak and the conclusion is that the leather is ****** and i dont really like the toebox anyway, and $200 is too much for redwings when maybe i can kop some PS or Prada's for a little more, I just want more options to look at.

Don't really recall this, but you're probably right. PS always seem a little awkward to me, and the Prada's are like $800 or some ****. Your best bet might be to buy something cheap and have a cobbler change the sole. I know a few have tried this, and getting a big ass sole can be expensive, but in the end you might save money.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Prada Creeper oxfords are totally worth every penny of $950.
_6690020.jpg

grizzlybear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't really recall this, but you're probably right. PS always seem a little awkward to me, and the Prada's are like $800 or some ****. Your best bet might be to buy something cheap and have a cobbler change the sole. I know a few have tried this, and getting a big ass sole can be expensive, but in the end you might save money.

well i apologize, someone else mentioned it then and i looked it up, the leather looks subpar even in pictures and the ps oxford with the creeper sole i like alot but i cant find it anywhere for a good price, guess ill have to keep searching :embar:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well i apologize, someone else mentioned it then and i looked it up, the leather looks subpar even in pictures and the ps oxford with the creeper sole i like alot but i cant find it anywhere for a good price, guess ill have to keep searching
shog[1].gif

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jil Sander has some nice shoes with thicker soles. Might want to check them out.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Restocked on my old favorite

ScreenShot2011-12-18at61638PM.png

And booked two weeks here, no phone, no internet, no problems

ScreenShot2011-12-18at61451PM.png

ScreenShot2011-12-18at61441PM.png

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steven Alan sold out of the EG blazer I wanted and there were no other blazers I really liked, but I picked up a SNS stark for a really good price.

Last edited:

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I just did a quick search and the usual suspects all seem to be pretty low on Jil at the moment. It's end of season though so not really surprising.

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need some cheap shoes/boots to wear with my DR or trousers, since all I have are sneakers. I was thinking of something casual with a rounded toebox, like CP Derby or the RW Postals. Help?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics