Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Roxstar

Roxstar Senior member

i hope not...i got them off sufu and the detailed pics seems legit. plus he had good referral.

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

heattech is same thing just a retarded marketing name though thinner than what you may have worn in 3rd grade under puffy coat a 2 sweaters when not living in Minnesota

i was bout to say, where is the hate for uncle phil lim the stuff never appealed to me i knew i wasn't the only one here either, maybe you warned me some time ago against ?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011

3. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

yeah there is waffle knit heat tech and normal stretchy spandex type heat tech. both are just a cotton/poly blend.

I don't know why there's hate but I've had some stuff in the past and I was always happy. Retail prices are a little high for what it is but he always puts out some cool stuff. Reminds me of buying like Marc Jacobs or something.

4. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

My first impression of Lim was that he was primarily a women's designer, and it seemed to show in his mens designs.

Think his menswear also gets lumped in with the sort of midlevel designers who aren't special enough in any one particular way to get people excited.

5. Lane

Lane Senior member

ahah, yah for reals

6. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Only thing I don't like about that jun is the small zipper on the chest. I don't get it. Fit is perfect on that model though.

7. Desi

Desi Senior member

^true shoreman, other than the insane amount of business success. Really like his F/W mens each season.

8. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Heat Tech is best for their long johns. Not substantially warmer than thermal long johns, but slim enough to wear skinny jeans over them and it not look tighter than normal.

9. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I dont really know if Heat Tech works, but I lived in a really cold place and had to wear two sets of HT top and bottom on the really cold days. Fun to sleep in though.

10. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Nice jacket esp as a fellow Hashimoto fan! :) But I am surprised that it dominates Attachment so hard in quality for you though. When I stopped by Jun Hashimoto's shop in Daikanyama none of his leathers really blew me away quality wise. Maybe all the really badass stuff was gone. It was about on par with wjk quality, definitely a bit nicer which is great, but I didn't feel that Attachment lost out. Both had riri zips at the time. Not familiar with Raccagni zips, maybe he stepped it up all around.

The only leathers that I've really liked better in quality than Attachment are probably Incarnation (By a little bit) and CCP. Then again, I'm no leather worker so what do I know?

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

you guys gotta stop worrying about the 'quality' thing, and just worry more about whether you like how the clothes look, particularly on your body.

12. Lane

Lane Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lost & Found gray swing shirt

Silent sneaks (I blame shah!! living up to his title)

13. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Bought:

- Silent tee (Yoox)
    - Silent beanie x2 (The Corner)
    - CP x Geller boots (The Corner)
    - Tricker's "not Stows" (Sierra Trading Post)

Keeping:

- Silent tee
    - Silent beanie x1

Returning:

- Silent beanie x1: Didn't like the color, "black iris", which is some midnight blue/purple shade.
    - CP x Geller boots: I'm consistently a 44 in CPs, but I could barely get my feet into them.
    - Tricker's: Fit was almost perfect, but too narrow in the toebox.

I think I'm just gonna return the CPs and the Trickers. The Corner only has the CPs in suede, and I like the distressed black ones that I ordered better. It looks like I could still get the Tricker's a half size up, but I think I'd rather get the actual Stows in acorn.

14. bows1

bows1 Senior member

How much was the silent beanie? That color sounds right up my alley.

15. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

That's probably a sane approach. But I've been described as a "quality fetishist" and I find that to be pretty much true as I obsess about it even though all I have is a perceived/inferred sense of quality rather than a truly informed opinion. Can't claim that it's rational or not stupid, but honestly it's at least 50-60 percent of why I'm into clothes. It's related to my compulsive buying of "good deals" too so maybe even more than 50-60 percent. The rest is how it looks as an object (Rather than how it looks on me) and my collector/hoarder tendencies.

Ohwell, we all have different goals/reasons to be here I guess. I like my stuff though and I guess that's what's most important to me :)