Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

is the same as ordering from yoox, they tell you it's coming from some mafia storage warehouse in italy where it's all been collected ~by suggestion, never by force, though the armed henchman can't verbalize their suggestions as much as they can cock a gun~ and sent by steam boat to the harbor, ellis island i believe, here it's distributed in unmarked trucks to some large storage facility underground in NJ. they inform you of the signal to watch for, a cryptic series of letters and numbers, and then a man in a brown jacket and trousers will show up, wiggle his mustache, voila !

but the reality is that it's sitting all piled together worse than C21 closing time and some trained apes sort it based on banana sticker sizes and the robots tag and ship out. stil from new jersey, but closer to the city dump than mafia warehouse.

2. Desi

Desi Senior member

the pictures of the warehouse in a old issue of Fantastic Man was fantastically curated. Oh no that word!

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Me too (been done buying myself clothes for awhile now though, just too much other stuff in life), and I just got a table recently and need chairs, same predicament. Mine is a round table with a center pop-out extension, solid teak top and then some sort of pleasant looking hardwood band around the edge. I got it mainly because it was half price and looked clean and nice (almost didn't buy it though, because I didn't think it'd fit in the elevator, and it almost didn't), but we are both falling in love with it everyday. The problem is that the set of 4 matching chairs are out there, at least a couple sets we've seen around, but expensive, they'll have to be a 'someday' thing.

this:
    [​IMG]

with the matching chairs that wrap around the edge (I would reupholster in TOJ leather, though) :slayer:
    [​IMG]

4. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Ugly.

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

TOJ MTM couches?

6. impolyt_one

Actually, I got this modern'ish sofa for cheap on closeout because I wanted a sofa in this extra room downstairs, but it has these powder blue wool cushion covers - I like the sofa itself but I am gonna get TOJ black leather covers sewn up for them sometime soon. I am tired of looking at the blue already. Should be fairly easy since it's just trapezoidal shapes with a small zipper on one end.

[​IMG]

7. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Can I visit your place once the house is fully furnished? :slayer:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011

8. impolyt_one

no.

9. ryosuke

ryosuke Senior member

has anyone gotten their shipping confirmation from the cyber monday sale at Context? I made two orders, but asked them to cancel one. The second order still hasn't shipped yet and I ordered Sunday night.

10. Tico

Tico Well-Known Member

Like I posted on this page, it probably has already shipped from their warehouse in europe. You'll get the confirmation and tracking once the package is in the U.S.

11. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

ryosuke is talking about a shop located in Madison Wisconsin lol email them they get back pretty fast

12. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

Like the more rough-out version of these better personally. Pissed I didn't pull trigger while Corner was having the added 40% promo. The seam is dope. The zip-closure tap is meh. Cannot get myself to purchase now, knowing they were $268 just the other day and just having grabbed some MMMs. Def dig them though. Will keep an eye out.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011

13. zissou

zissou Senior member

Beautiful table. It reminds me of a more comfortable version of one of Hans Olsen's tables. If there was a smaller version with just two chairs, I'd be on the lookout.

lol

14. impolyt_one

The brand is actually English, called G-Plan. They were cheap in their day and can be found really cheaply vintage in the UK - I saw an ad for that very table for 80GBP on google. :fu: I'm not sure if something like that would make it's way to the US in enough quantity to make it accessible or popular, but it pops up here in Japan at antique stores every now and then and there are fan sites, etc. From the one table I have, I want to say it's very nice quality, and I'd like more if I had more floor space.

BTW, thought of you zissou, when I went to Moto recently and checked out their boots Very nice stuff. I can probably get you a pair of you want to proxy. side: the girl working there was absurdly beautiful, and had a pair of Moto pecos boots on. :bounce2:

15. aether

aether Senior member

Gonna try these docs out. Came out to $67 with a 30% discount code and free shipping at the moment. And the opportunity to return! I like the brogueing, the slimmer silhouette, and the commando sole. They will replace my 12-holes if they work out.

[​IMG]