• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you want constructive criticism...
Your kops seem sorta all over the place man, not much congruency
Maybe that isn't your thing I guess?

I already said I wouldn't wear the majority of what he bought. Much of it was very boring considering the seasons they came from.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

If you want constructive criticism...
Your kops seem sorta all over the place man, not much congruency
Maybe that isn't your thing I guess?

Maybe it's my thing. I can wear whatever I want, I'm in the stage of trying different stuff.

Thanks Desi. Any non-boring pieces recommendation?

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

3 bracelets in the same style seems like overkill

Well they are the only bracelets that I have found that are not ****** quality and that I actually like. I obviously don't wear three at a time I like to switch them around from day to day.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Boring MMM YSL Etro McQueen Mr Porter Order 3 :satisfied:

etro Scarf, YSL sneaker, YSL shoe, Mcqueen jacket, MMM belt, MMM grand color shirt. Rag & Bone hat

34db1fcc_IMG_0024.jpeg

ee1e3b10_IMG_0025.jpeg

43d60b34_IMG_0027.jpeg

Last edited:

miran

Reaction score

All items I bought from mrporter have been watched by me. That is to say, these items are in my shopping bags before I heard of the sale.
This is not just some random purchase just because at sale.
I keep most of my purchases and I really like it. I do return if it fits me bad or just not for me. I won't keep purchase if it looks bad on me, no matter what designer and how cheap.
I don't know what others think the stuff I bought, but I think non of the items are super ugly or wired and just another purchase. Those are all wearable. IMO.
But I'm here at style forum, comments are welcomed, so I cam improve my taste and build and better wardrobe. That's why I'm here.
I will keep posting. :satisfied:

Keep posting. You can't really go wrong with Mr Porter, except in a few rare cases...they know what they are doing there. They are miran-approved.

THis, for ex, is a total fail though:
http://www.mrporter.com/product/175868

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Early christmas:

dsc05334v.jpg

078gq.jpg

hope imageshack works because i'm too lazy to reup the images

Zam Barrett Tailored DNA Pants and Minimalist J Jeans in medium weight cotton

Last edited:

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the minimalist j jean in heavy canvas- great buy.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
I was really debating between the medium weight and the painter's canvas, but i ended up with the medium because i figured the painter's canvas would be too heavy during the spring and fall. how do you wear the heavy canvas in san antonio? isn't it really hot there?

Last edited:

Zeemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

did you get the wrong size or something? I got a pair on 43 (not the crazy lacing ones but the surgery ones with somewhat of a crazy lacing) and was able to slip them on with the zipper down.

i had the right size (i wear 45 in shoes with cp soles)
they were "the" crazy lacing ones
maybe my feet are too wide for them i don't know
maybe i'll try the lower version in a while

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics