• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I want a denim jacket so bad!!!! but like edn0bs all washed and ****

if you're reading this - trade it for something of mine!

Last edited:

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You aren't really giving enough context for anyone except those familiar with that piece on sight to give you any advice. No brand etc...

Maybe if we did some analysis on all first yoox purchases and the likelihood of it running slim?

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ You should be fine with the sizing. 40 and 42 in this cardi isn't all that different. I had a hard time deciding which to keep. I kept the 40 but would have been happy with the 42. It runs sort of slim but not ridiculously slim.

it is a nice piece, I wear it unbuttoned generally.

Last edited:

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Miran, ur too fat for rlbl suits :p

I have that jil cardigan in 36 and fits me spot on (I'm slim 36). But 38 would've worked well for me too.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You aren't really giving enough context for anyone except those familiar with that piece on sight to give you any advice. No brand etc...
Maybe if we did some analysis on all first yoox purchases and the likelihood of it running slim?

Not worried about a recognition issue on this one but thanks.

miran

Reaction score

Miran, ur too fat for rlbl suits :p

(i) I am not fat
(ii) They have my size and 1 size larger.
(iii) It's Made in Italy though....and no, Italian 54 doesn't mean American 44.....so you could be right, they could be Italian tight fit....I better size up. Is that your experience, very tight fitting?

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't comment on the RLBL suiting, but the other items (jeans, cords, shirts) I haven't found to be tight-fitting. My normal size fits appropriately.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

How's about this one? Also from the MIUSA collection, made with White Oak Cone Mills denim. Picture links to product page. (Ya got two more hours for 40% off.)

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thrift shop buddy, washed out denim jackets abound.

I'm trying to score a thrifted denim jacket myself, so I can cut the sleeves off and wear it over a black leather. fuk ya.

I also have the raw selvedge + courderoy collar version from Supreme, I love it. And lastly, I have an insulated version from All-Saints

But finally, I am still trying to find one with a white sherpa collar, then I'll be done with denim jackets.

Last edited:

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

miran

Reaction score

miran

Reaction score

Rlbl suits are drop 8. Ones I've tried on at least.

This is ridiculous. The problem is they give you the exactly chest measurement...but each suit is cut differently. Judging from the picture, this one is narrowest at the chest with lots of room around the gut...
Others are wide at the chest and slim at the gut...

How do you figure out if it'll fit just by looking at the picture?

I'm not worried about drop/pant size...coz you can always let out and take it a little....

Case in point:

Chest: 23 1/2" (armpit to armpit)
Shoulders: 20 1/2" (seam to seam)
Sleeves: 26" (shoulder seam to cuff)
Length: 32 1/2" (top of collar to bottom)
IMG_4635.jpg

Doesn't this look narrowest at the chest....even when buttoned up? Pant size on this is only 39 though! so how can the jacket waist be bigger than 47?

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are aware that suit jackets and trousers can be altered, right? In many cases, they actually have to be altered because length or sleeves are not.

I am bigger guy with a 6 drop and used to own several RLBL

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads