• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you're so right. I ended up changing my order to an XL (the only other size they had). They said they would honor a credit card refund so there is basically no risk to try it on. WOOT

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should I or should I not keep? I'm leaning towads not, the darker toe looks off to me. the color just looks different on the website lol
0ulgT.jpg

I7WWH.jpg

QUrwC.jpg

E0U3M.jpg

EuqJE.jpg

5pUxw.jpg

Last edited:

eternaldrake

Reaction score
the contrast might go away if you wear them long enough not really worth gambling the chance to return them though

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ya I dont want to wear them for a year to find out, I'm just going to return them. ah well I guess i'll just have to wait until the spring shoes come out

DeadDJ

Reaction score

If it's your first pair of shell shoes, I'd recommend a color that will have a little more character, like cigar, whiskey, or #8. With shoe trees, you will definitely get rolling bumps, but they should not be ridiculous. Here's the pair (cigar shell) I'm wearing today. I bought these barely used, so I didn't have the benefit of setting the creases myself.

Wow that's amazing. I looked at cordovans for a while and never saw the leather roll like that.

my isaora came! shame the sleeves are too long, other wise the fit is perfect. will probably bring it to a leather tailor for the sleeves. the quality on the lamb is surprisingly nice.

Surprising amount of "drape" here across the chest, etc...

Do you think you could size down 1? Otherwise, very cool style.

Surprisingly ok with that right now. Don't know how that makes me feel. The "drape" is from the leather being brand new; it'll fall flat with wear assuming it fits otherwise. Sizing is on point, especially in the shoulders, and yeah if you're willing to, shorten the sleeves. It can be difficult to style a leather that's more traditional length, so good luck.

Should I or should I not keep? I'm leaning towads not, the darker toe looks off to me. the color just looks different

I have the exact same boot in matte black calf and it's my favorite pair of boots for shape and comfort. Wore them to a show where they promptly got thrashed and, like most MMM, it looks better for the damage. If you like the shape and general color, I'd keep them and **** them up a bit. No harm if you return them, though. Pretty sure that shape is released annually.

Last edited:

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the same boots in painted white canvas and they are my favorite boots, my most comfortable shoe as well. ya and you're right about the same shape being released annually it is part of their "permanent collection"

eternaldrake

Reaction score
yea i have them in black but they have this fuckin weird rounded square toe, not as bad as it sounds but still sorta off, but they are definitely really really comfortable

_yoo

Reaction score

Should I or should I not keep? I'm leaning towads not, the darker toe looks off to me. the color just looks different on the website lol
0ulgT.jpg

I7WWH.jpg

QUrwC.jpg

E0U3M.jpg

EuqJE.jpg

5pUxw.jpg

I have the same boots in painted white canvas and they are my favorite boots, my most comfortable shoe as well. ya and you're right about the same shape being released annually it is part of their "permanent collection"

yea i have them in black but they have this fuckin weird rounded square toe, not as bad as it sounds but still sorta off, but they are definitely really really comfortable

I just got the black version of those brushed boots from ssense and I'm keeping them. IMO they are the kind of boots that don't look that great from the angle of someone looking down at them while wearing them (partly because of the squarish/roundish toe as ed mentioned), but from other angles they look great IMO. To some extent this also shows in the pictures you posted.

I could probably have sized up one though so i can wear my superfeet with them. They have pretty thin heels.

Last edited:

shootspeed

Reaction score
in ny for the weekend and bought some uniqlo heattech and a +j down jacket. really wish they had one down in california.

miran

Reaction score
I have credit with Ralph Lauren....I am thinking of getting a RL Black label suit with it....how is the quality of black label suits?
or should I get something else?

I'd post in Men's clothing...but the place seems like a zoo, besides I am not at all sure they know what they're talking about....

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Jeff Mangum tickets!!! :slayer:

I almost feel bad for getting my order to go through; apparently the show sold out in 35 seconds.

Also, Levi's MIUSA trucker jacket:

pLEVI1-8994973t330x400.jpg

I've wanted one for a while, and it was hard to pass up at 40% off. :embar:

[/collector mentality]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads