Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. aether

aether Senior member

you're so right. I ended up changing my order to an XL (the only other size they had). They said they would honor a credit card refund so there is basically no risk to try it on. WOOT

2. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

Should I or should I not keep? I'm leaning towads not, the darker toe looks off to me. the color just looks different on the website lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  3. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

some polish should somewhat or completely even out the color if that's the only concern

4. aether

aether Senior member

artificial patina is artificial..

5. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

ya I wanted some lighter colored brown boots so I dont want to darken them any

6. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

the contrast might go away if you wear them long enough not really worth gambling the chance to return them though

7. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

ya I dont want to wear them for a year to find out, I'm just going to return them. ah well I guess i'll just have to wait until the spring shoes come out

8. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

Wow that's amazing. I looked at cordovans for a while and never saw the leather roll like that.

Surprisingly ok with that right now. Don't know how that makes me feel. The "drape" is from the leather being brand new; it'll fall flat with wear assuming it fits otherwise. Sizing is on point, especially in the shoulders, and yeah if you're willing to, shorten the sleeves. It can be difficult to style a leather that's more traditional length, so good luck.

I have the exact same boot in matte black calf and it's my favorite pair of boots for shape and comfort. Wore them to a show where they promptly got thrashed and, like most MMM, it looks better for the damage. If you like the shape and general color, I'd keep them and fuck them up a bit. No harm if you return them, though. Pretty sure that shape is released annually.

9. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

I have the same boots in painted white canvas and they are my favorite boots, my most comfortable shoe as well. ya and you're right about the same shape being released annually it is part of their "permanent collection"

10. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

yea i have them in black but they have this fuckin weird rounded square toe, not as bad as it sounds but still sorta off, but they are definitely really really comfortable

11. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Picked up a Robert Geller torn hem L/S tee. Nice big U neck that I can never find. Can't seem to find a pic anywhere online, I think its from Spring 11

12. _yoo

_yoo Senior member

I just got the black version of those brushed boots from ssense and I'm keeping them. IMO they are the kind of boots that don't look that great from the angle of someone looking down at them while wearing them (partly because of the squarish/roundish toe as ed mentioned), but from other angles they look great IMO. To some extent this also shows in the pictures you posted.

I could probably have sized up one though so i can wear my superfeet with them. They have pretty thin heels.

13. shootspeed

shootspeed Senior member

in ny for the weekend and bought some uniqlo heattech and a +j down jacket. really wish they had one down in california.

14. miran

miran Senior member

I have credit with Ralph Lauren....I am thinking of getting a RL Black label suit with it....how is the quality of black label suits?
    or should I get something else?

I'd post in Men's clothing...but the place seems like a zoo, besides I am not at all sure they know what they're talking about....

15. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Jeff Mangum tickets!!! :slayer:

I almost feel bad for getting my order to go through; apparently the show sold out in 35 seconds.

Also, Levi's MIUSA trucker jacket:

[​IMG]

I've wanted one for a while, and it was hard to pass up at 40% off. :embar:

[/collector mentality]