• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, First post here.

I bought this last week and wore once allready. Kinda regret getting it.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More gyakusou ****.
Zip away hood jacket and blue simple zip down.
Used the simple jacket on a 7 miler run tonight and it held up very well.

royal618

Reaction score
Just bought these Paul Smith Jeans pink cords.

Struggling with shoe selection for pairing. Suggestions?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that I hope the lifestyle gore is less stiff and a little more comfortable than the functional gore pieces I've worn. I can't imagine wanting to wear gore-tex for the sake of fashunz alone.

Also,

832406.jpg

Not really sure the second pair will fit, so there's a chance they'll end up back on B&S.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who makes those black ones man?

Are they CDiem? Will kop if they are 11.5 - 12 ish

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Quote: Still smart to give it a bit of DWR love every once in a while. Even if it's not penetrating the membrane, if it saturates the outer layer you're adding a lot of unnecessary weight. Also, would rather take R&B's Schoeller stuff over Gore
devil.gif

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Count me in, if Razele's out. Same here on US 11.5/12. Don't care who makes them, as I dig 'em regardless!

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Julius sz 3

Notwithit if they don't fit I'm interested. I was going to buy from Synth but you bought them before I had the funds.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey BB1, if you're into heavy jersey have you checked out attack the mind 7?

I have noticed those attack the mind pants on-line, but I have never handled the label in person. It seems like a signifcant portion of their stuff is made in China which is really odd for a Japanese designer label. Any experience with atm's overall quality?

That rise looks tiny but the fit looks good and the fiocchi hardware is a nice touch.

Yeah the rise on the junhashimoto pants is really low, although its not any worse than the low rise on most Julius or DBSS jeans.

One thing I've noticed about junhashimoto is the wide variety of zip hardware they use, selecting the hardware that best matches each piece's overall aesthetic. With Attachment nearly everything is Riri and with wjk it's about half Riri / half YKK. While I feel Riri's quality is best, most of their zips have an industrial look to them. This industrial look meshes perfectly with Attachment's darker style and mostly with wjk's slightly military style.

But junhashimoto is more sporty looking than those two other labels. This might explain why they choose to use RY zips for many of their leathers, just like Rick does. While some here have badmouthed RY as being lower quality, I honestly like the look of RY zips when incorporated into a more sporty looking piece. For example, I have a DBSS jacket with RY zips and cannot imagine it looking as good with any Riri zip that I've seen.

I would guess that many smaller designers are choosing hardware mostly based on how it meshes with their piece's style, and not based on some economic concept as has often been promoted here.

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Julius sz 3
Notwithit if they don't fit I'm interested. I was going to buy from Synth but you bought them before I had the funds.

dingdingdingdingdingdingding!

If they don't fit it'll be because they're too small, and I think we all wear the same size, Raz & coco.

Saw your post from a while back, g trans, and you got first dibs if they don't work out.

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have noticed those attack the mind pants on-line, but I have never handled the label in person. It seems like a signifcant portion of their stuff is made in China which is really odd for a Japanese designer label. Any experience with atm's overall quality?
Yeah the rise on the junhashimoto pants is really low, although its not any worse than the low rise on most Julius or DBSS jeans.
One thing I've noticed about junhashimoto is the wide variety of zip hardware they use, selecting the hardware that best matches each piece's overall aesthetic. With Attachment nearly everything is Riri and with wjk it's about half Riri / half YKK. While I feel Riri's quality is best, most of their zips have an industrial look to them. This industrial look meshes perfectly with Attachment's darker style and mostly with wjk's slightly military style.
But junhashimoto is more sporty looking than those two other labels. This might explain why they choose to use RY zips for many of their leathers, just like Rick does. While some here have badmouthed RY as being lower quality, I honestly like the look of RY zips when incorporated into a more sporty looking piece. For example, I have a DBSS jacket with RY zips and cannot imagine it looking as good with any Riri zip that I've seen.
I would guess that many smaller designers are choosing hardware mostly based on how it meshes with their piece's style, and not based on some economic concept as has often been promoted here.

i really like the zips ro uses and riri are great. the julius zippers are terrible, and there is no good excuse for cheap ass yak zippers on ccp clothing, it's awful. zipper came off my tornadoes after wearings

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i really like the zips ro uses and riri are great. the julius zippers are terrible, and there is no good excuse for cheap ass yak zippers on ccp clothing, it's awful. zipper came off my tornadoes after wearings

I don't know, I have lots of trouble with riri zippers on jackets.. they always get stuck on the bottom.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive had more trouble with RiRi then YKK

I dont really believe SF zipper hype

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads