• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Had my eye on a Margiela knit, come to find out my girl got me a Schneider cardigan during our trip (for my birthday) and now I come back and everyone has gotten this ****...

SS never interested me much, but I have yet to touch one so who knows.....its a steelish blue mohair (sp?)

Yo is your girl interested in pastey-white, kinda shortish but studly dudes with muscular thighs and a penchant for rimming?

I promise i'll let her buy me Schneider.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

south willard is probably the only stockist who carried that

regis won't know what to do with it because it's not a t-shirt ahhahaha

but really, that cardigan would look great with white jeans and a button-up, I should have copped it.

You don't wear t-shirts? I mean I am trying to understand your point here, I wish I had the time or knew how to look up your past history and find a ****** pic to show you how dumb and worthless most of what you say is. I thought you might of been smarter than ol du here, but what I can I say

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Had my eye on a Margiela knit, come to find out my girl got me a Schneider cardigan during our trip (for my birthday) and now I come back and everyone has gotten this ****...

SS never interested me much, but I have yet to touch one so who knows.....its a steelish blue mohair (sp?)

Yo is your girl interested in pastey-white, kinda shortish but studly dudes with muscular thighs and a penchant for rimming?

I promise i'll let her buy me Schneider.

All Latin, you jelly?

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
ahhh I need a new catfight this one is a bust

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah I know of like 3-4 that did. Wrongweather definitely did as well. It was a pretty popular piece amongst stockists unlike the woeful departure blue tartan shirt :( Or even sadder the blue colorblock shirt :( :(

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You don't wear t-shirts? I mean I am trying to understand your point here, I wish I had the time or knew how to look up your past history and find a ****** pic to show you how dumb and worthless most of what you say is. I thought you might of been smarter than ol du here, but what I can I say

"might have"

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I'm sure the quality of MMM is still pretty high so all of their basic knits are still wearable. In fact there is a blue speckled Stark-ish piece that looks pretty great. But regardless, it's a lifeless brand that's being driven by old designs from the archive + name. The design team has no direction and constantly releases drivel like this

There are very few standouts in MMM that strengthen the brand, however sometimes people need to look at the bigger picture when it comes to MMM. If you take that sweatshirt, for example, it is a fantastic example of how margiela designs and manufactures their items. The design on that is an eyesore, and the coloring looks poor, however the construction and composition of the sweatshirt are the true standouts. I've often taken my mmm stuff into tailors who are like "that is some ugly ****, and it probably cost a fortune to make." I feel like thats a great description of mmm overall. If you appreciate the complexity in their designs and the innovations and developments in construction (faux zippers, techno fabrics, custom hardware, complex patterning, etc) you may still think its an ugly item, however it is still impressive regardless. From a construction standpoint, the jacket would be a pain ********** to make, that goes with a lot of mmm items. SpA International must have a pretty impressive team of patternmakers and tailors to take on jobs like this...

Agreed.

Much better than "its boring" or "its dead"

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

"might have"

Meh

All Latin, you jelly?

wait, she's all Latin, or she's only interested in all Latin?

Both

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nah I know of like 3-4 that did. Wrongweather definitely did as well. It was a pretty popular piece amongst stockists unlike the woeful departure blue tartan shirt :( Or even sadder the blue colorblock shirt :( :(

Has the blue departure shirt with blue collar and blue placket surfaced anywhere yet? I know SW picked it up but in a slightly different variation. The look book version is best.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There are very few standouts in MMM that strengthen the brand, however sometimes people need to look at the bigger picture when it comes to MMM. If you take that sweatshirt, for example, it is a fantastic example of how margiela designs and manufactures their items. The design on that is an eyesore, and the coloring looks poor, however the construction and composition of the sweatshirt are the true standouts. I've often taken my mmm stuff into tailors who are like "that is some ugly ****, and it probably cost a fortune to make." I feel like thats a great description of mmm overall. If you appreciate the complexity in their designs and the innovations and developments in construction (faux zippers, techno fabrics, custom hardware, complex patterning, etc) you may still think its an ugly item, however it is still impressive regardless. From a construction standpoint, the jacket would be a pain ********** to make, that goes with a lot of mmm items. SpA International must have a pretty impressive team of patternmakers and tailors to take on jobs like this...

Yes but Margiela was able to accomplish all of this while also making very cool things. I'm not impressed that the design team inherited good factories/can sew two sweaters together.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm sure the quality of MMM is still pretty high so all of their basic knits are still wearable. In fact there is a blue speckled Stark-ish piece that looks pretty great. But regardless, it's a lifeless brand that's being driven by old designs from the archive + name. The design team has no direction and constantly releases drivel like this
http://www.styleforum.net/image/id/767024/width/350/height/445
http://www.styleforum.net/image/id/767025/width/350/height/445
http://www.styleforum.net/image/id/767040/width/345/height/460
this is pretty sick

Schneider easily trumps MMM right now. He has the best fabrics I've ever felt/seen and this last collection is one of the most well rounded and beautiful in the last few years.

No doubt their basic knits are still nice and the hand knits to me are usually the standouts like the last one you posted.

Phils phan? Well get you bastard next year :D
Hissy fits happen all the time

I am, I live and and am from the area. Are you originally from Atlanta then? I hope so or would think you should be cheering on the Marlins.

Eh, if that's the case, they should have combined all the fancy gadgetry with a better design and colorway. I don't see that sweatshirt being very marketable. It's more like a piece they would use in their runway as a tiny gimmick or something.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads