1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Yes it was an overreaction, but it wasn't irrational.

It was tactfully provoked by scott.m's poison-lined jest. Biscotti was attempting the same with his remark of "Such a luxurious lifestyle..", which is why scott.m would have felt the need to retort in a similar why, attempting to break Biscotti's calm - which he did.

So I consider it more a sign of Biscotti's lack of composure under taut, rather than overall lack of composure or generally being irrational. Can't ignore the fact that it was provoked.

...Oh and amazing jacket scott.m, best thing I've seen here in a good while.

2. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Got a couple muji striped button up shirts, sadly couldn't find a white one somehow. Fit is mostly good, has mop buttons etc. Overall not bad for about $25 per shirt.

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Yea, that junya jacket is insane. Have always lusted after that thing. Most the time i try to eat cheap/free anyways so not a big deal. Hell, i have a lot of friends who pretty much just treat food as a way to get nutrients into their body in an efficient manner rather than going grand and being a "gourmand" or whatever. Also i hate most bars and in college i'd much rather go to a friend's house, drink, watch some sports, play beer pong, have a bunch of friends over, and just have fun. If you really wanted could split a giant bottle of plastic bottle vodka for like $12 4ways.

But shit, scott. That jacket is incredible. I think you're a size too small for me as well so i can't fight you in front of uniqlo for it either. If it does fit me and you ever want to sell, you should hold a battle royale amongst all the suitors in front of uniqlo for the right to purchase it

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

That Junya in XS (which is what I assume Scott got, right du?) is really small for an XS, it's more like a real 42P. Mine is too small for me by a size. [​IMG]

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Yea, all the junya shit i see runs supersmall measurement wise. I'd probably end up being a medium

Also, people forget that scott lives in NYC and everyone knows its impossible to live in nyc making under $150k if you want to rough it. Dude is buying junya and undercover so is prob making like $250k so he's doing alright

6. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Yea, that junya jacket is insane. Have always lusted after that thing. Most the time i try to eat cheap/free anyways so not a big deal. Hell, i have a lot of friends who pretty much just treat food as a way to get nutrients into their body in an efficient manner rather than going grand and being a "gourmand" or whatever. Also i hate most bars and in college i'd much rather go to a friend's house, drink, watch some sports, play beer pong, have a bunch of friends over, and just have fun. If you really wanted could split a giant bottle of plastic bottle vodka for like $12 4ways.

But shit, scott. That jacket is incredible. I think you're a size too small for me as well so i can't fight you in front of uniqlo for it either. If it does fit me and you ever want to sell, you should hold a battle royale amongst all the suitors in front of uniqlo for the right to purchase it

ahahah god I share all these views. and thanks A, but this shit is NEVER getting sold.

That Junya in XS (which is what I assume Scott got, right du?) is really small for an XS, it's more like a real 42P. Mine is too small for me by a size. [​IMG]

ahahaha dude the small in this thing was perfect on me, it fits fucking TINY as you said, no way I could do any smaller, and I've been working out a little bit lately so XS in junya is becoming less and less of a reality, depending on the jacket of course.

and lets just say that my salary is enough to keep me happy, though it is not 250k dude.

7. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Nah, i wouldn't wish 250k on my dearest friend. That's fallback job money

8. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Yeah, I actually make 500k post taxes, so fuck you plebes. (9000)

9. the shah

the shah Senior member

standards are dropping for the taste palate ... this is probably why mcdonalds exists still
    you can still buy crazy and eat in the city just gotta know what to get and where to eat whaddup ghulkhan

10. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

i just bought a julius leather and i only have $20 left until my paycheck next week. am i as cool as scott now guys???

11. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Yes it was an overreaction, but it wasn't irrational. It was tactfully provoked by scott.m's poison-lined jest. Biscotti was attempting the same with his remark of "Such a luxurious lifestyle..", which is why scott.m would have felt the need to retort in a similar why, attempting to break Biscotti's calm - which he did. So I consider it more a sign of Biscotti's lack of composure under taut, rather than overall lack of composure or generally being irrational. Can't ignore the fact that it was provoked. ...Oh and amazing jacket scott.m, best thing I've seen here in a good while.
    Do you actually expect people to read your posts?

12. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

I wouldn't have to even notice he'd made them if you'd stop quoting him.

13. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

14. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

15. Smahatma

Smahatma Senior member

I'm usually a XS in most slim things (ex. BoO size 0), but the first time I went to Japan, I tried on a size small blazer at Beams and damn near ripped the jacket while putting it on because it was so small...had to go to a medium. My mind was blown.

16. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

I can fight scott for his Junya!!

17. constantine.

constantine. Senior member

Such a luxurious lifestyle....

Classic beyotch behavior, firing the first shot and then throwing a tantrum when someone responds.

18. alexwgoody

alexwgoody Senior member

I bought those Converse x Varvatos chucks with the elastic laces, they are pretty cool. I'm now at 3 pairs of C x V shoes- my favorite sneaks

19. DLester

DLester Senior member

dvn shirts

[camera is filthy, going in for a cleaning in a week or two]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

i love AlLL of the patterns DVN uses, wish I could fit into the 46.