Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

dmash, the world needs a fit pic. Not every day someone goes from epaulet groupie to jurius.

2. dmash

dmash Senior member

See I don't ball out ninja style though. I'll wear a leather with a simple tee and darker denim and boots. I'm not trying to go julius leather, julius drapey ass shirt, julius cargo pants, julius boots. I keep it relatively simple honestly........and those Augustas I just picked up are REALLY versatile.

I still wear Epaulet/WvG as well...............button downs with brogues, etc. If my lady wants to go on a date, I'm not going to throw on workboots and a tee. I like to look on point with how nice she looks. I'm also in FL so I'll throw on a v neck with shorts and flip flops somedays just to hang out or run errands, etc. That might not be 'swag' elsewhere, but it's hot and humid as hell down here. As long as it's still 'fitted' per say, it's fine for me. Hell, wearing anything 'fitted' down here is miles ahead of what some of these guys are wearing. Not to mention I live in a SEC college town so it's saturated with UF hoodies, shirts, shorts, pants.........it's ridiculous.

I find it unnecessary to 'lock' yourself into one aesthetic though and I prefer to just keep a little bit from a couple different things I like. Purely my opinion of course, some people love a certain look so more power to it to stick with it hardcore. I think Magician wanted to LOL that I bought a Julius jacket and WvG recently. I think that's stupid......what, because you wear brand X, you can't wear brand Y? Like I said, I think that it's perfectly acceptable as long as you aren't doing an extreme in one category. I can understand someone lol'ng if dude wears a polo with an argyle vest and khaki shorts, then wants to wear a Rick skirt and heels that night............but something like somedays you want to wear a Rick leather and others you want to wear a button down? That's perfectly acceptable I believe and I can't understand the basis of anybody saying otherwise.

and to further speak on all that............I've only been here for a couple years, I'm only 21 and I still learn something new almost every day. I've tried out and bought a bunch of shit and blown a lot of money and still like to try 'newer' things. I just recently was able to try on some 'ninja' stuff (couple months ago) and I really liked the aesthetic when done minimally and it works well with me. I've come to the conclusion that with my appearance a boots/jeans 'dirty' look just looks the best and I like the the way SZ does it, not LL Bean boots and a plaid shirt like some workwear guys here do. However, not being able to try stuff on in person and only going off measurements online and a worded description of the fabric/quality has a lot of times left me with an ill fitted garment or one that I don't like the feel of. That results in my flipping on B&S, but hey, whatever I guess. I don't mind trying out 3 different items to get that 1 perfect item.

^I don't really know what I was trying to accomplish with all that since you just asked for a fit pic. LOL, I'll see what I can do for you though.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011

3. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

It's always weird to me when I see dudes walking around campus wearing brogues.

4. dmash

dmash Senior member

Yeah, I would definitely never do this. I only wear things like that if I'm going out to eat, movie date, etc. I always keep it super casual on campus. TBH most of the time it's gym shorts/v neck as I usually hit up the gym before/after class.

Haha, speaking of that though, I had this guy from Bulgaria (around same age as me) in my Biology class last semester. He would wear a suit almost everyday. He always sat close to me so I asked him one day if he had a job or something prior to coming to class as I assumed that was the reason for the suit. His response was that he just wanted to look 'nice for females'. True story

5. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

Fit looks ok.

6. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't see a problem with wearing brogues+jeans even at university age. Wearing a suit to class is pretty weird though but there's always that guy. There was some guy that always wore a cloak, tophat, and cane while going to class.

7. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

I have question, do college kids be using loan money to fund clothing purchases?

if so. I lol'd.

8. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Related purchase to my last one (set to not wear sneakers at all if I can help it during fall and might be selling a few of my sneakers too :eek:):

[​IMG][​IMG]

Combat boot family together, not sure if I'll change the lacing styles of either. Did zipper lacing on the new purchase since it holds better and I thought it looked nice on the Julius combat boots I saw.
    [​IMG]

9. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

:crazy:.

10. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

Half off dark shadow stuff -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Always wanted some and the price was right.

11. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Moncler V button up in white. The fabric is amazingly soft.

[​IMG]

12. aether

aether Senior member

the cuban heel just screams napolean complex, IMO

but that's a nice effin shirt, Stazy

13. APK

APK Senior member

That or come from money.

We've all been through this topic before, but those are the two primary ways to make "baller" cops if you're a student, unless you have some incredible job and/or no expenses. I live in a state where the cost of living is very low, yet had very little left over for clothing purchases as a student once I divvied up income from my shit typical college jobs for rent, car, insurance, groceries, etc. I don't see how you're able to purchase higher-end goods if you have a generic college student job and the normal expenses unless you're getting some type of allowance or dipping in to student loans.

14. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally getting around to the stuff I've wanted two years later. Fuck summer buys.

15. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Or be baller and get refunds from scholarships and grants! :slayer: