Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

2. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

I've been looking into Margiela since 06' when I was 17

My recent choice of clothing fits what I need right now, simple pieces that I can accommodate into my current wardrobe. I don't listen to Jayz or Kanye btw, I think that music is shit. Lol, so lets say I am a rich Cuban and shop exclusively in Miami and came here and was like OMGZ Margiela looks great, I'm going to buy every piece available!....That makes me all of a sudden under you guys who have been following it (I have looked into the past WAYWT and most of you here that criticize looked like complete shit when you started out, which I find funny) for years?

And the in the end it won't matter comment was geared toward anyone thinking what I purchase is "boring" simply because of who you think I am, which I am guessing is a rich kid that just got into fashion and is trying to buy what I think is high-end...

Some of you fuckers need to get off the high horse

3. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I think we're actually in agreement here. I'm not suggesting that the individual pieces are uninteresting (obviously there are also the loud piecesm like the sequined shit/incognitos/spaceship sneakers, some of which fits in in a different way) - and you're absolutely right that the fit + design are instrumental. I mean, of course they are - but really, your point about the styling is, I think, part of what I wanted to say. It looks best to me kind of rumpled, forgotten about, unwashed; say that cream sweater got a littler dirty, and the pants were worn with some beat-up brown leather boots, and you threw a cropped trench over the whole thing - I dunno, you'd look pretty rad if you wore it right. So, yeah, if you just want basics but want to spend more money than the gap or APC or something, I don't know what you really end up with, although it's probably not really style; but the sweater and pants can't live without a context, which is I think what both driveslowk and I are saying. Well, at least they're very different once they become contextually relevant.

4. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

niqqas be jelly cuz they don't got paper

5. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

I have it, it's awesome, watch out though, you probably bought the size 4 or 5 that was left....it might be too small...I sized up to a 7 and I'm a smedium lol its' actually not the shoulders/chest that are super small, it's really cropped, so if you're a shorter dude you might be fine...the 4 or 5 on me was like a belly shit and the 7 works pretty nicely for me, and I'm about 5'11 on a good day.

6. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

of al the people on this site, I doubt kelv and synth are jealous of anyone.

7. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

If you've been following it for that long how come you don't get it yet? We said your purchases were boring because they have been kind of boring.

:slayer:

8. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

[​IMG]

Buckler wool blazer from Gilt. Sized up to 40 instead of 38 since the model did the same and was confirmed with customer service. Given how cropped it is I'll only wear it to casual functions. If I'm lucky there may be more than an inch to let out. $130

9. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

dude probably isn't really trying to look supafly, just wants nice stuff, which is fine...at any rate we should reserve judgment until we see evidence, although I haven't read waywt in a while mayb he's posted some atrocious fits haha

10. Lane

Lane Senior member

I don't get the hate, cuz if margiela isn't margiela anymore what do you expect people just getting into this to do?

11. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

I "get it". What I'm trying to put across is that things don't need to be bundled into the group think mentality, i.e. it's boring cause I bought it and I am buying it simply because it's Margiela and your use of "we" (I mean look at who gave you thumbs ups lol). Your false perception of me and what you clearly thought I was about was where this took a wrong turn, it's funny that my sarcasm brought that out

12. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Maison Martin MarJELLY

13. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Exacto. It's like someone on the internets proclaimed Margiela is diluted now and that anyone buying post 08' is not getting Margiela but in fact another brand by the same name. Which I lol at, let's all buy Dries and Balenciaga? Wait no whats the trend now?

14. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

[​IMG]

This is excellent btw

15. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

I am jealous of Uncontrol. I want cute french-canadian girls to send me kissy-face videos on my facebook page.