• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Why so insecure dawggy? Nobody was even talking to you or about your clearance margiela.

And don't you mean daddy ballin?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Dammit...I really don't want to do that douchey 1-10 sarcasm thing, but you guys never get it

But really what is "real and exciting" MMM, frankly in the end it won't matter to me, but I am curious as to what is meant by that. Real talk, the way things operate around here will never cease to bring the laughs

I have no idea what the hell daddy ballin is, you guys put out a new word everyday

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Leathersoul Brown CXL Pitt Boots. WvG shirts/knickers. Epaulet jacket/trousers. Styleforum assimilation?

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Received my To Boot Brook's and couldn't help but pick up some Stanford's as well (mine are in T. Moro, not the Bordeaux pictured). I am done buying shoes for a while.

the shoes in your avatar are so much nicer that it's hard to even look at those.

Only two nights/three days days, I'm staying in the Marina Bay sands, though, so I'm excited

1Wu8K.jpg

v17bf.jpg

woah places like that actually exist? damn.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just to direct this conversation back to something resembling an interesting topic, it seems to me that MMM is one of those brands that really thrives on context. As I've said in the past, it really just takes me to French cinema du look, in the best of ways - it can be so utterly cool, that for all intents and purposes, the pieces themselves practically don't matter. I think the best description of I've ever heard of it is "Dirty, smirking and Irreverant" (from Binker), and that's why we love it. It's luxe, fitted, and really just rad.

So many of the weird pieces go underrated as well; mostly from the replica line - don't get me wrong, MMM has it's fair share of stinkers, but I really can only imagine Margiela in the context of a Godard or Besson film (as I've said before, he could have done the entire wardrobe for Diva as well), and that's pretty much where it's set in my mind. Both my Margiela blazer and boots have an indescribably cool factor too them - you throw them on with jeans and a t-shirt, act like you don't give a ****, and feel like the king of the ******* world. Both boots and blazer, however, probably wouldn't get a second look from someone who didn't want to purchase those specific items. Actually, who am I kidding - my rose boots are the ****, and that is that.

Regis, maybe just take some contextual WAYWT photos that aren't utter ****?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

Just to direct this conversation back to something resembling an interesting topic, it seems to me that MMM is one of those brands that really thrives on context. As I've said in the past, it really just takes me to French cinema du look, in the best of ways - it can be so utterly cool, that for all intents and purposes, the pieces themselves practically don't matter. I think the best description of I've ever heard of it is "Dirty, smirking and Irreverant" (from Binker), and that's why we love it. It's luxe, fitted, and really just rad.

So many of the weird pieces go underrated as well; mostly from the replica line - don't get me wrong, MMM has it's fair share of stinkers, but I really can only imagine Margiela in the context of a Godard or Besson film (as I've said before, he could have done the entire wardrobe for Diva as well), and that's pretty much where it's set in my mind. Both my Margiela blazer and boots have an indescribably cool factor too them - you throw them on with jeans and a t-shirt, act like you don't give a ****, and feel like the king of the ******* world. Both boots and blazer, however, probably wouldn't get a second look from someone who didn't want to purchase those specific items. Actually, who am I kidding - my rose boots are the ****, and that is that.

Regis, maybe just take some contextual WAYWT photos that aren't utter ****?

This right here is a start

Got a Nikon coming, might devote some time to getting a good pic as I usually do it spur of the moment...hence the iP4 pics

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just did some measurements, and TB 2 is bigger than BoO medium in every way.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
care to share the TB2 measurements? ty

also, your rose boots are the ****.

Last edited:

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just did some measurements, and TB 2 is bigger than BoO medium in every way.

What season are your shirts from? Again, I'm strictly speaking from the two oxfords that I have, so I guess my caveat about TB is it really needs to be tried on, which I think some will agree. Also, it depends on what type of Band shirt is being measured as well. My BoO flannel is much slimmer than my BoO oxford.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whenever I watch Wong Kar Wai films or read Murakami novels I wanna dress in Margiela

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gtransistor is right, TB shirts do tend to vary quite a bit as there seems to be a difference in sizing between his casual shirts versus dress shirts.

That being said his Size 2's have always been too big for my liking but I wear a size S usually in BoO except for the super tight oxford fabric ones.

Also my shirts are from the last couple seasons. I think his early shirts were sized slightly smaller.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Look, I'm not critiquing those two specific pieces. Of course it's good to have some nice basics and MMM ones are quite nice. It's just what we can gather from your history of buying MMM **** that you are just going to look like a luxe Gap ad, vanilla, etc. You are missing the point of Margiela and I guess I can't really blame you because you are just buying recent season things. To me, Margiela is supposed to be very interesting and a little bit off.

If you don't "get it" by this point I suggest you grab the book or look up past season looks instead of sitting there waiting for someone to hand you the answer.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dammit...I really don't want to do that douchey 1-10 sarcasm thing, but you guys never get it

But really what is "real and exciting" MMM, frankly in the end it won't matter to me, but I am curious as to what is meant by that. Real talk, the way things operate around here will never cease to bring the laughs

I have no idea what the hell daddy ballin is, you guys put out a new word everyday

And this is the problem. You just seem like some rich kid who heard about margiela in a jay-z or kanye song, or perhaps while shopping around Miami. We know you don't care / are too lazy to look it up for yourself and just want to buy something that you think is high-end. I'm not here to squabble with you so that's all I'll say on that.

----------------

Synth, I think you are partly right. It's not about the individual pieces but then again it is. Everything fits relaxed and comfortable in the body but still slim where it needs to be. It's usually not styled perfectly but kind of thrown together in interesting/odd ways. This is why in all the looks it doesn't look like a tightly-wound runway model (a la Jil) but more like some dude walking down the street that looks, as you would say it, really cool . The way the clothes fit and were designed is what gives rise to this.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads