Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyone know the exact model of this boot ? They are sweet.

2. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Margiela 0 10 Artisanal coat from the Yoox sale a bit back.. . this is a pretty interesting piece, no clue if I'm gonna rock, I'd need to get it tailored at least, the fit is pretty bootleg, you can't see from the fit pic, but the arms are huge and short, chest is like four inches too big for me. Still, was worth the $120 just to see it - the WHOLE outer is handpainted [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

looks pretty cool and would fit me perfectly I bet so feel free to send it to me

also your skulls

4. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I decided to grab both [​IMG]

augusta boots

damn

damn!!

5. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Looks pretty amazing from here, maybe a tad big but it's not meant to hit close to your body + you would normally be wearing it with a sweater or some extra layer. A good tailor should be able to bring the shoulder seams in by an inch on each side and that will bring in the rest of the coat. This will mean your sleeves will be shorter but for this type of coat it would still look good and to me the trade off would be worth it.

6. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Looks like it might fit me,,, whats the p2p?

7. asobu

asobu Senior member

looks pretty fucking great. did you get your regular margiela size? it might just be a different fit from regular slim coats. sleep on it before you mess with it. how heavy is that thing?

8. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Looks like it might fit me,,, whats the p2p?
    It's like 22 ptp, 19 shoulders... maybe two inches too big in both measurements for an overcoat. You can see in the fit pic how it's hanging off my shoulders, which is the main thing that bothers me. Would fit a 48 or 50 much better. Has no size tag on it, was marked as M by Yoox, though, and the measurements are about right for that. It's not too heavy, just a regular mac with a coat of, uh, paint on it. The inside is kinda ratty, too, it's a "vintage" garment, which means some hobo probably died in it, and they didn't bother to redo the lining. I like it a lot as an "object," it's cool to see, but not sure how much use I'd get out of it

9. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

hang it on your wall or resell; trying to worth with wrong-sized clothing is more trouble than it's worth

10. beowolf

beowolf Senior member

Rag & Bone Charcoal Division Shirt

[​IMG]

11. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

It's not too heavy, just a regular mac with a coat of, uh, paint on it. The inside is kinda ratty, too, it's a "vintage" garment, which means some hobo probably died in it, and they didn't bother to redo the lining.

I like it a lot as an "object," it's cool to see, but not sure how much use I'd get out of it

so its literally just some ratty old mac that the people at margiela put a coat of paint over? sounds like something cool for an exhibition to look at but not necessarily something i'd want to wear..

12. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

so its literally just some ratty old mac that the people at margiela put a coat of paint over?

unintentional exposition of how fucking dumb fashion is sometimes

13. snake

snake Senior member

Margiela 0 10 Artisanal coat from the Yoox sale a bit back.. . this is a pretty interesting piece, no clue if I'm gonna rock, I'd need to get it tailored at least, the fit is pretty bootleg, you can't see from the fit pic, but the arms are huge and short, chest is like four inches too big for me. Still, was worth the $120 just to see it - the WHOLE outer is handpainted

http://i41.tinypic.com/20h3thl.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/a0uz39.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/30utqhx.jpg[/IMG[/I]

Damn, that's a great looking jacket. Doubt you'd have trouble flipping it in b&s

14. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

[​IMG] free.99 thx gilt Total amount of free crap from Gilt to date: $975 [​IMG] also got this last weekend with a $50 NM gift card I got in the mail

15. dulow

dulow Active Member

[​IMG]