Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. DLester

DLester Senior member

couple goofy jackets edit: double post. oh well
    Second jacket not goofy, very good.
    Please see kitakira's comment above, kthx Completely agree with what kit said, I spend all my money on nice shoes / knits / outerwear, kop bespoke shirting, nice wool pants on deep sale (incotex / mabitex etc) and wear apc jeans in black / indigo raw in a few different fits, I wear white hanes t's, (beefy tagless 4 lifeee) and also kop some nice accessories ie scarves and some nice watches. Dont really get all designer all day erry day lame basics
    +1 to all of this but I still prefer diors over any other denim and will pay teh moneys for them. Basically I started cheaping out on shirts and t's (cottonworks does a nice job). After hammering away at this for a while, it seems like that is the best place to save money. And I have enough decent shirts by now.

2. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

Bespoke is one thing, where you can handle the fabrics and get the exact fit you want. I know a bespoke Hamilton shirt in Houston is $250+ though, much more than I'm comfortable paying. I think razele istalking about online MTM though which is another story entirely, very hit or miss.

I buy designer basics I like at sensible prices, which is usually around $100 for button downs, which is fairly easy to find.

3. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

+1 raz and kit, they know what's up. MMM is really only good for footwear and knits.

Sipang always getting the good shit [​IMG]

4. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Bespoke is one thing, where you can handle the fabrics and get the exact fit you want. I know a bespoke Hamilton shirt in Houston is $250+ though, much more than I'm comfortable paying. I think razele istalking about online MTM though which is another story entirely, very hit or miss.

Expect to miss on the first 2-3 shirts as you dial in measurements. After that should be all hits, so long as you don't gym too much and input actual shirt measurements rather than body measurements.

Some of the distinctive shirts like some gitman leapard print or epaulet shadow dot etc you can't get, but for basic white or light blue spread collars i see no reason to spend more than $130 for MTM 200 thread count sea island cotton [​IMG] . So light and breezy against the skin and perfect fit, + MOP buttons. is nice.

5. Razele

Razele Senior member

@Kit

Yeah good point, Dior denim is dope, I like APC ps / ns fits but I could understand 19cm all day erry day as the fit is on point.

Anyway to the Texas guy I live in Queensland which has pretty hot weather by most peoples standards anyway, Internet MTM is bespoke (it's all about cutting a pattern man) and the fit of mine are spot on, I mostly wear white shirts anyway, going forward itll be white hanes crews and various patten bespoke white shirts in oxford / broadcloth / poplin

6. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

espadrilles are this season's shoes?????? must kop this new shoe!!!!!! those do look nice, though

8. reedobandito

espadrilles are this season's shoes?????? must kop this new shoe!!!!!! those do look nice, though

Ha I know I'm hopping on the hype bus a bit, but I saw these beauts in a UK Esquire spread and fell in love. Hard as hell to find though, had to do some serious digging.

9. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

who are they by? can't read tiny writing on magazine cover

edit: thx

10. reedobandito

Vera Shoes, they're sold out everywhere but if you go to their website, there's an email link. I messaged them and the designer himself responded. Really helpful, I just ended up buying the shoes directly from him.

11. Bullitt

Bullitt Senior member

- Albam, long sleeve shirt, cotton, white. - Uniqlo, +J slim fit dobby long sleeve shirt, cotton, white. - Uniqlo, perfect shape cargo trousers, camo dark green. - Allevol, 002, 14.6oz Japanese selvedge denim. - Tricker’s, Stow, arcorn antique. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. mickey711

mickey711 Senior member

I bought the same tank but ended up returning it. I like the color a lot, but there's only a single layer of fabric on the back (there's a double layer on the front), and it's too damn sheer for me. It could probably still work as a layering piece.

[​IMG] Probably my all-time favorite game.

Yeah, I think I saw you wearing it in WAYWT. I agree that the fabric's pretty thin and underwhelming overall, but I do like the colour and raw hem. At the very least, it'll remind me to go to the gym more often.

Played the Chrono Trigger DS remake a few months ago. Still as good as I remembered it.

On another note, I bought this Spurr camo trench:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really nice waxed cotton. Dunno what to wear it with, though.

13. Razele

Razele Senior member

From TBS Sale:

Ervell Grey Hooded Canvas Air Jacket

Strategic Business Unit Grey Melange Crewneck Sweatshirt

Strategic Business Unit Grey Melange Crewneck T

Pierre Hardy Natural Suede Desert Boots

From Oki-ni Sale:

Margiela Split Double Collar Navy Cotton Cardigan

14. Garbage Mouth

Garbage Mouth Senior member

reedobandito,